Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   Starting My Y2K Winter Upgrades ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/285655-starting-my-y2k-winter-upgrades.html)

OCCJoe 09-29-2012 10:15 PM

Starting My Y2K Winter Upgrades !

Well my season isn't over yet but I was forced to start a few upgrades I want to do seeings how I am without a drive for the time being . . . . I'm only doing a few things now that won't have me down once the drive gets back from Konrad . My plans are to first: do a mural on the bottom side of the engine hatch , which I've started . second : I'm putting a 17" monitor on the passenger side dash and 8" monitors on the front seat backs . They will all have the ability to display forward facing camera , GPS , or video from the entertainment system . Third : gonna have the seats recovered . And something i'm undecided about is painting some graphics inside the cabin ..

OCCJoe 09-29-2012 10:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Bottom side of the engine hatch had more dimples than a fat chicks a$s ! After 80 DA'ing the $hit out of it you can see how chopped up the glass is . I'm gonna introduce you to the best primer you could ever use in this situation . If you don't believe me just watch . I'm not gonna use any fillers ! Just three coats of Quick Fill Resin based primer and then I'm gonna block and start painting ! 1st pic untouched , you can see the ripples . 2nd sanded down , the shinny spots are the low areas that could not be sanded out . 3rd and 4th are after three coats of quick fill .

z.zuperboat 09-30-2012 07:33 AM

My winter project will be change the fluids back off the valves and give her a good cleaning. Maybe hit up Zul for some power modifacations. Dont think 1200hp is in my reach though. Although the under side of my hatch is pretty scarry also. Hmmm

OCCJoe 09-30-2012 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat (Post 3787036)
Although the under side of my hatch is pretty scarry also. Hmmm

Rick did such a beautiful job on the rest of my boat ! I don't know WTF happened under the hatch but when I was sanding it I found a Bacardi rums label stuck in the paint ...WEIRD !

scarab63 09-30-2012 08:23 PM

Mural of ?

OCCJoe 09-30-2012 11:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3787407)
Mural of ?

The only thing thats supposed to be on the bottom side of a hatch !

[email protected] 10-01-2012 06:34 AM

Joe that is going to be a cool upgrade. You guys are always doing some kick azz projects. Keep the pics coming.
Mike J

OCCJoe 10-01-2012 09:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Primer is blocked and has done its job ! 90% of the dimples and ripples are gone ! Remember No Filler

ridefast77 10-02-2012 09:08 AM

looking good, :ernaehrung004:

OCCJoe 10-02-2012 08:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
White base was spayed then I taped the boarders that are staying white . Then the black base color was sprayed for my girls !