y2k bottom evolution

Notices

y2k bottom evolution

Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by FX10
It's very noticeable. The bow rides much higher with the newer bottom. And it's a few MPH faster
I stand corrected. Definitely a speed diff. if what OH-Zone was quoting, 86MPH? I'm only seeing about 78, 80 once or twice.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
07 ! Mine and Superbaby's and Johns all have the new bottom
ummm, and mine to
Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Superstitious is Super Sweet!

Originally Posted by Dave M
Hey Patrick! I haven't seen you online for a long time. I don't spend nearly as much time here as I used too either.

I'm still enjoying "Superstitious". Lost an outdrive last yr...OUCH! All good other than that. I am starting to take a liking to the center consoles, particularly Concepts.
I spent a few days prop testing with Gary and ran with him here on the CT River and LI Sound a number of times. He had Rick and John build that boat with all the best in mind. Good to hear she's treating you right!
I didn't remember if she had the newer bottom but I do remember the drive was set pretty high with the ITS. I think Rick/John solved a lot of the bow lift issues with the new bottom. Superstitious always looked like she road plenty high as she ripped past me.
As for OSO and my online boat chatting, I spend more time over on Donzi.net these days. My interest have changed a bit. I find my self dragging the kids around on the tube, pulling skiers, and hanging at beaches 2-3miles from our marina. Smaller boats fit the bill better these days. Maybe I'll get back into larger boats down the line...
Good to stop by and check in with the Superboat crew every now and then...
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow speeds up to 86 . Thats pretty good. But not every boat was in a magazine like Daves. I remember the East West shootout with Daves boat. That was Awesome !!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FX10
It's very noticeable. The bow rides much higher with the newer bottom. And it's a few MPH faster
I can vouch for the fact that the older hull does NOT ride high in the bow, nor does it like much trim. Are there any race boats with the new hull? Seems like they are all the older ones.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Registered

Ted G why do you say it does not like a lot of trim? Also from what I have been told the new hull is about only 2 to 3 mph faster. Is this accurate?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My boat runs well and goes faster at the same throttle setting until you trim the drive up to 3.5-4 on the indicator, then the prop starts to slip more and speed goes down. If you are running WOT you can trim up to 6-7, but the results are negligible. I think the 2-3 mph number is correct, but have not seen two identical boats run against each other to see it. (Like in F1 racing).
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Ted G
My boat runs well and goes faster at the same throttle setting until you trim the drive up to 3.5-4 on the indicator, then the prop starts to slip more and speed goes down. If you are running WOT you can trim up to 6-7, but the results are negligible. I think the 2-3 mph number is correct, but have not seen two identical boats run against each other to see it. (Like in F1 racing).
2 years into the hull and your running her all wrong, must be all that Low Hp your your pushing thru her prop.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

A little over 75 GPS with a four blade prop and 500 hp and I'm running it wrong? How so? In full race trim the F1 boats only ran 77-79 when light? And I can cruise 60 at 3 MPG with the Maximus, not sure how you are gonna get much more out of it. BTW, I think the Maximus was part of your performance problems, when I had it prop scanned there was over an inch pitch variation between the blades, it runs much cleaner now that it was trued up to an even 26 on all 5 blades.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ted G
A little over 75 GPS with a four blade prop and 500 hp and I'm running it wrong? How so? In full race trim the F1 boats only ran 77-79 when light? And I can cruise 60 at 3 MPG with the Maximus, not sure how you are gonna get much more out of it. BTW, I think the Maximus was part of your performance problems, when I had it prop scanned there was over an inch pitch variation between the blades, it runs much cleaner now that it was trued up to an even 26 on all 5 blades.
Lighten up Ted, just playing with you !!! Although Superbabi was built for Big hp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.