My redone Superboat Y2K you probably haven't seen >

My redone Superboat Y2K you probably haven't seen

Notices

My redone Superboat Y2K you probably haven't seen

Old 02-06-2017, 10:53 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I like that idea as well pumps and batteries under the seat. A couple of things it cleans up the engine bay and makes for more room to work on the engine especially the back side. Also makes easy work when the batteries are dead especially for the apps that have an electric engine hatch

You mentioned that you need to move weight around ? can you explain ? Unbalanced ? side to side or front to back or both ? Do you think moving batteries and pumps under the seat changed your balance ? Thanks

Last edited by BUP; 02-06-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boat looks awesome!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Curious about shifting weight as well. I re-rigged my 25 outlaw, moved batteries from rear starboard side of engine bay to one on each side and in front of engine bay. I didn't get to do a whole lot of prop testing but I honesty felt like that hurt my bow lift a bit and allowed boat to roll to port side with s RH prop. But the superboat doesn't have as fat of an ass is the Bajas either. I'm going to move my batteries back to the starboard rear corner
Old 03-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw this for the first time today. Diggin the colors. Really like the removable 2-up hatch

Last edited by scarab63; 03-09-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job on that rebuild ! , you should be very close to triple digits, I spent a lot of time and money trying to get a Y2K over that hump and my best was 94.5 with about 850HP and yea I kept a spare XR handy

Curious about shifting weight as well
30 foot hull with a very narrow beam and a single screw with a tall prop , at lower speeds prop torque creates a serious lean. 30y2k owners learned lefty props and shifting weight seem to help. When the boat is fully up to speed it levels off fine but at lower speeds and before planing the "lean" is significant.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jcap
Great job on that rebuild ! , you should be very close to triple digits, I spent a lot of time and money trying to get a Y2K over that hump and my best was 94.5 with about 850HP and yea I kept a spare XR handy

Curious about shifting weight as well
30 foot hull with a very narrow beam and a single screw with a tall prop , at lower speeds prop torque creates a serious lean. 30y2k owners learned lefty props and shifting weight seem to help. When the boat is fully up to speed it levels off fine but at lower speeds and before planing the "lean" is significant.
Hey jcap! How have you been? haven't seen you on the boards in awhile.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Cappie you ever feel the need for speed I will always have room for you