Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   Any 30's for sale? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/62929-any-30s-sale.html)

Dave M 11-04-2003 05:56 AM

Any 30's for sale?

I am kicking around the idea of upgrading. I am thinking either sell my boat as-is and get something else. Or, spend some $$ on mine and get it set-up exactly the way I want it. A '24 is big enough for most of my adventures but a '30 would be nice.

Did Zuperboat ever sell his boat? I would like to have the newer bottom. I prefer the flat transom over the integrated platform. I do not want OB's. I would like a more pleasure orientated cockpit and cabin.

Pat McPherson 11-04-2003 11:36 AM

Hey Dave,
I asked Tripps the same question last week.
Mike has not sold the Zuperboat yet.
Tripps can get you his phone number I'm sure.
Good Luck!

Dave M 11-04-2003 11:50 AM

Thanks Patrick. I actually got his number of of an old thread. Are you thinking of buying it?

Hey Tripps, Do you have any pics of Mike's boat you can post? Cabin, cockpit, rigging? I have a few of it running but I would like to see some close up pics.

Did you guys see the pics over in the Gen discussion from the Glen Cove poker run? It looks like John & John were really rockin'

Dave M

Pat McPherson 11-04-2003 01:49 PM

Hey Dave,
I wish I had the funds to buy a 30'... Going to stick with my 24' for a while. I need to build a garage and my wife is working me for another child...

Pat McPherson 11-04-2003 07:04 PM

Hey Dave,

Did you give Mike a call? His 30' is one of a kind. From what he told me, there were three 30' Tempests built with the Y2K bottom. The other two are out-boards. I did get an up close look at Zuperboat at Superflop. She is one nice machine :) , 540cube engine, IMCO extension box, shorty drive, and full hydraulic steering. She has the same interior as ours, but I don't think the cabin is completely finished.

How come this year there are so many nice 24s for sale? If yours goes up for sale, that makes 4 exceptionally nice 24 I/Os up for grabs, that I know of anyway. I was begging for someone to sell me a 24 I/O last year. :confused:
Well I did finally get my hands on one, and it has been a great boat.

z.zuperboat 11-05-2003 09:48 PM

I FINALLY MADE A RUN THIS YEAR AND IT WAS THE HOT TODDY.IT LOOKED LIKE I WAS THE ONLY BOAT WITH OUT A SUPERCHARGER.HALF WAY THROUGH IT SPIT OFF THE POWER STEERING BELT IN TURN TAKING THE REST OF THE BELTS WITH IT.BUT IT WAS GOOD TO SEE 5700 AGAIN AND DAM WAS IT COLD THAT DAY. ANYWAY THE BOATS STILL FOR SALE,MY WIFE IS DUE IN FEB.WITH OUR SECOND CHILD SO I DONT SEE ME USING IT MUCH NEXT YEAR EITHER. IT STILL HAS UNDER 90 HOURS ON IT SINCE NEW.ANY INTEREST CALL MIKE 631-321-6767

JackL 11-06-2003 04:11 PM

Mike
Could you post some pics and the asking price
Thanks
Jack L

Pat McPherson 11-20-2003 07:59 PM

Hey Dave,
What's Up? Gonna be a bigger boat, a bigger engine, or both? :D

Dave M 11-21-2003 06:11 AM

Hey Patrick,

I did talk to Mike the other day. I would have to sell my boat before I can move on anything else. My wife was the one who started the whole thing. I was talking about repowering and she says "why don't you just get a bigger boat with the engine you want?" It's tough to argue with that! I am the more "financially responsible" one in the family though. She loves to buy things and then I have to figure out how to pay for it all. Hopefully the market will be good to me over the next few months. If you know anybody looking for a '24 I may sell it. I'd be asking around 30K. It's still not too cold down here for a sea-trial.

Dave

fastedy 11-21-2003 05:50 PM

My 30 will be for sale, it always is this time of the year, It for sale threw January, but it never fails, someone looks at it all winter and wants to buy it in February or March and don't understand it when I tell them it's not for sale anymore, I will have it listed next week, with or without power.

Eddie Simmons