Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K >

Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Notices

Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Old 01-10-2014, 04:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, I owned the Y2K Superboat known as a Superbabi for 7 years, and TED G For 2 years, I know she went down South to the Florida area to a New owner, does anyone know of her whereabouts, is the New Owner on OSO if so please step up to the threads. I Would like to know how you are enjoying her, and if you made any up grades.
Thanks Gary

Last edited by Superbabi; 01-10-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stuart is a member here and I know he had the boat in the water last season, Someone I know saw it at the ramp, I think in Hillsboro. He was talking about 600 hp going back in it. Hopefully he will stop by and update, I'm not sure what his username is.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks Ted, Just want to keep up on Suberbabi and her where she is. Perhaps Stuart will keep the thread going.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

pics and video from a quadcopter would be great too!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Registered

Default Superbabi lives!!!!!!!!!

Hello my fellow OSO friends. I apologize for dropping the ball; but I'm back and would like to let everyone know that Superbabi is alive and well. I re-rigged her and she is ready to live out her years in the warm waters of south Florida (along with everyone's grandparents). I got the boat; de-rigged it; got married; and then one thing led to another.... and well, a year later, here we are. I would love to keep this thread going! It was a big part of my purchasing this boat. Gary - I feel like I know you already; I read so much about Superbabi. Ted, I really appreciate all you did negotiating the sale of the boat with me- everything turned out great. I will try to post pictures as Superbabi makes her way around South Florida, as often as possible. I wish I could say I dropped a 1350 Mercury with the number six drive in her; but I didn't. I actually was just looking for a reliable, turnkey package so I completely redid the 500 EFI, got new exhaust and will be redoing the drive shortly. This weekend I'm beginning to test props and I am taking Gary's advice about the five blade Maximus. . I hope to hear from everyone in the Superboat family. I love the boat; the people associated with the boat, which includes SB owners and the Cohen's; and of course everybody that has owned and been a part of Superbabi! I look forward to hearing from everybody and keeping this thread alive. Let's make this the longest thread in OSO history

Stuart
Old 07-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Stuart It took you five years for your first post but it was a good one , Keep them coming and were all here for you when you need advice .
Old 07-18-2014, 05:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Good luck with Superbabi. My boat was built 2 or 3 boats after yours. My everyday prop is a 5 blade Maximus. I can run faster with a Bravo 1 but the cruise speeds suffer.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Stuart, great to see you posting on your new Superboat aka Superbabi, I am glad you are enjoying her and she is living out her life in sunny Florida. I was always a fan of superboats a Buddie of mine had a 24 back in the eighties and I loved the boat. What really caught my eye was the 30 tempest and I knew one day I would get one. Fast forward to 2004 we were ready to make the move, went to the Superboat web site looking for a new Tempest, and to my surprise was the new Y2K we fell in love with the boat. Marcy and myself went out to see JC at the factory and ordered one on the spot. The rest is all written in the Superbabi thread, we still are very into boating and love it. Like a Dear Old friend who has moved away and lost touch with We think about Superbabi the same way. Stuart I wish you the best of times with Superbabi !!!! Please post some pics on her southern tour !!!
Gary

Last edited by Superbabi; 07-19-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

One last thing Superbabi was number 17 in production. And of course as always a very Special thanks to Rick aka FX-10 who with out him the Superbabi thread would never have been possible, and all the guys who came into the superbabi thread, Great guys Great times !!!

Last edited by Superbabi; 07-19-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Stuart , what's going on with Superbabi ?

Quick Reply: Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.