Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
I gotta sell my 30' Ocean Pacer . . . >

I gotta sell my 30' Ocean Pacer . . .

Notices

I gotta sell my 30' Ocean Pacer . . .

Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I gotta sell my 30' Ocean Pacer . . .

Yes, it is on the market. Yes, this is sinkorswim`s old boat. Yes, I HATE to sell. See it in the OSO classifieds. $26,500 FIRM .
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o15971-en.html
Attached Thumbnails I gotta sell my 30' Ocean Pacer . . .-dcp_0655.jpg  

Last edited by Donman; 04-27-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

The ad , with details, can be found under "Sutphen" in the OSO classifieds or just click on the link.

Last edited by Donman; 04-24-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice boat, good luck
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

How fast she go? What lake is it on in Texas? Engines ever been rebuilt? Trailer doesn't look to good judging by the pictures - is it original? Does the trailer need to be replaced, or just repainted? How much life does that trailer have in her - 2, 3 years?

I've got my boat for sale and looking to move up. I was set on the 28 Pantera, but I have heard that with the 26 degree deadrise - the 30 Sutphen should ride better in rough water. How do you (and anybody else) feel your 30 Sutphen matches up with the 28 Pantera. Pros/Cons? It appears that the 28 Pantera has a lot more cockpit and cabin space. I boat on Texoma with family and friends. I don't need to go 80+ but atleast 70mph. Rough water ability and a roomy cockpit is what I am looking for. Safety is always a concern, it would be nice if it was easy enough to drive where I could have a few drinks and let my girl drive home. Which one is easier to drive?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 sutphen

I've seen boat first hand. It doesn't get any better or cleaner for a 1986. The guys at LOTO that have done work on the boat are some of the best out there. It's worth every bit of that price.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nick k
I've seen boat first hand. It doesn't get any better or cleaner for a 1986. The guys at LOTO that have done work on the boat are some of the best out there. It's worth every bit of that price.

Thanks for the compliments. Central Power & Rigging did a great job in keeping the boat up. I have maintained it very well myself, in the short time I`ve owned it.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
How fast she go? What lake is it on in Texas? Engines ever been rebuilt? Trailer doesn't look to good judging by the pictures - is it original? Does the trailer need to be replaced, or just repainted? How much life does that trailer have in her - 2, 3 years?
I was set on the 28 Pantera, but I have heard that with the 26 degree deadrise - the 30 Sutphen should ride better in rough water. How do you (and anybody else) feel your 30 Sutphen matches up with the 28 Pantera. ?

I can`t comment or compare my Sutphen to a Pantera, as I`ve had no experience with a Pantera. I would hope that it would ride as well or actually much better than the Pantera.
I usually boat on Possum Kingdom, but have had my Sutphen at Texoma once or twice. I store it indoors at my shop in Wichita Falls. I can tell you that it eats up rough water and I`ve never had to back out of the throttles, even for huge cruiser wakes.
The trailer is galvanized, it`s not painted, so it might appear a little aged looking. It`s actually a very good trailer and will probably last the life of the boat, with typical maintenance. It could use a set of tires, but overall it`s in good shape. It would look nice with a red paint job though. The trailer is a 1993 model.
The previous owner told me that the engines were "freshened and checked out" back when he first purchased the boat in about 2000. I had a cam go flat in the port engine last year. I found the engine was extremely clean inside, when I tore into it.
The boat has a GPS speedo and it has hit 69. It will probably do more, but I very rarely push it to the limit.
I`m happy to answer any questions. Feel free to call or shoot an email.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks a lot. I will get in touch as soon as my boat sells. You have a beautiful boat and its definately on the top of my list.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant coment on the pantera but I could tell ya the sutphen is a dam good boat and should be compared to a longer boat not a shorter one! I've had my thirty in alot of nasty water (thats what we deal with here in New England most days) These boats eat up rough stuff with out beating up the crew. The cockpit is a bit tight compared to most 30' boats but the up side is the center of gravity is back further= better handling + performance. When it comes to bang for the $ in a v hull you can spend a lot more and get a lot less!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by [email protected]
These boats eat up rough stuff with out beating up the crew. The cockpit is a bit tight compared to most 30' boats but the up side is the center of gravity is back further= better handling + performance.

It`s really amazing to me how my boat can handle rough water without really feeling like you`re in rough water.

Quick Reply: I gotta sell my 30' Ocean Pacer . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.