christian gott... got a few questions fro ya >

christian gott... got a few questions fro ya

Notices

christian gott... got a few questions fro ya

Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default christian gott... got a few questions fro ya

i read in a post that you had drove a certain suthpen, was wondering if i could get ahold of ya or ill just ask ya on here, but had some questions about a particular boat, thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

fire away, i'll let you know what i know...best i can!
..the kaama boat?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

thad be the one, the one that was forsale here awhile back, what was the story on it, ive got my own ideas on some of it, but what i was really wondering is, when they put the stellings on, they pushed the engines further apart causing the u-joint shafts not to line(at least thats my guess) we called sutphen and they told us a 3-5 degree offset going up, but none side to side, and theres quite a bit offset to the side, i was wondering how long they were run like that, and if it caused any damage
Old 04-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hey st83....
on 9-11, when i drove it, they had just chucked a blade off a 3-blade prop...for the second time (i think)...my guess is that there is too much vibration caused by the offset?. if you look closely you can see where the exhaust has been moved up. I never considered the engine's lateral movement. How'd they pull it off the change with the stringer placement? If any drive is not aligned properly, there will be unnecessary wear and tear to the gimbals and the shafts and the bearings... You could call arneson. He and connor (sp?) did the kaama set up, maybe he could help isolate the issue....
I think the boat is awesome, it would run around 90 with (MRD 498's?)....the hull is incredibly stable and sound. My surveyor said..."ditch the motors and offer on the hull.."
just my ideas...what else?
c
Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

its got 4 blade props now, i've been working on it for awhile now, nothing is lining up, we've jacked the front of the engine, and dropped the back alittle to get the tail pipes to line up the headers, but there(tail pipes) still not coming in square to the headers, it looks like to makes the exaust all work some grinding of the glass will have to be done, the holes in the aluminum mounts are not oblonged or rounded out, but there is slots on the engine to aluminum mounts, which is what i think they used to slide it out to clear the exaust, not sure, but im trying to make it all line up and clear the stellings, not sure what kinda luck im going to have
Old 04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hey..
that's annoying....
set the motors in line with the drives and trannys...the set-up is pretty bullet-proof....if need be, ditch the stellings (they may leak, anyhow)..get new exhaust for sanity's and simplicity's sake...maybe cut the transom, and re-glass....it's easier than screwing up a really solid Kaama drive....
c
Old 04-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

we just went and measured it, the drive line is 1/8th of a inch off side to side, gonna try and slide the engines together more, and make some cuts on the transom to make all the exaust work, in the end ill make it all work
Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

great effort...let me know how it turns out...it's an awesome set up!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Registered

it might not see water till next year, but ill let ya all know how it turns out, it needs quite a bit of finishing off, and ill probably have a few more questions for the experts
Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 PM
1CE
Registered

is it a 30/33/38 hull I have an ol'Kaama 33 and C.G. how u-doin ?

Quick Reply: christian gott... got a few questions fro ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.