Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen-64/)
-   -   What are they asking for the TKO boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen/221742-what-they-asking-tko-boat.html)

302Sport 12-23-2009 08:31 PM

What are they asking for the TKO boat???

I saw that boat in Key West, and it was running pretty well against all the newer stuff........

OL40SVX 12-23-2009 08:42 PM

Why.......are you going to buy it???

AIR TIME 12-23-2009 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3011226)
I saw that boat in Key West, and it was running pretty well against all the newer stuff........

NEWER STUFF HAHA that boat is only a few years old its got a trick back to it. and they got pushed out of p2 cause they KILLED, KICKED THE AZZ OUT OF THE LID BOATS running that class P2 which is a 105mph break out and pushed into a 115mph break out class P1. the only guys in a OPEN SPORT BOAT THAT HAS A BACK SEAT. LOTS of DRAG against a lid boat more DANGEROUS than a lid boat. those GUYS HAVE EXTRA LARGE GONADS to race lap after lap all out against cats with lids/vees with lids. they deserve a trophy for being real men and not crying about being moved up. its real hard to run 80 to 90 with a helmet on lap after lap it kills your neck and shoulders but at 100 to 115 is nuts. I hope walter comes back next year and hope they put them back in p2. I always new he was tough guy man. I am glade the night of my bachlor party my best man came up with the balance for walt for my party going on 24years ago hahaha. TKOs/GAP has the best food and drinks around. walt your a true VIKING:coolcowboy:

302Sport 12-23-2009 11:02 PM

nope not buying right now cause i would have to move my boat first. i saw a couple posts about it being for sale before and was just curious of a ballpark # that theyre askin......also that boat has a back seat???? i thought it was a three man

30ctsutphen 12-24-2009 09:01 AM

302 bring that baby up here to CT.
You guys have the $$$$.

Do you still have the yellow boat?

302Sport 12-24-2009 09:11 AM

haha yeah right my fathers got the money, im just one of his employees and i cant get him to buy a hi-perf boat cause he would never buy a boat with big blocks in it. Hes looking at a 50 Nortech with triple diesels but thats about as hi performance as he gets. Also, watch out for the 40 flat deck skater "scaredy cat" this summer on the sound. A good family friend just bought it and is dropping in a pair of sterling 1550's :drink:........the yellow boat is gone. it went down to aruba and thats the last i heard about it.....

OL40SVX 12-24-2009 10:11 AM

So who bought it, Carabeta or Calvanese?? That boat needed alot of work to look good again.

302Sport 12-24-2009 01:45 PM

calvanese.....he found the drives, engines, trannys, and trailer, but he didnt want the cobras so he bought everything but the engines, and is dropping a set of sterling 1550's in it....

30ctsutphen 12-29-2009 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 3011630)
calvanese.....he found the drives, engines, trannys, and trailer, but he didnt want the cobras so he bought everything but the engines, and is dropping a set of sterling 1550's in it....

Must be nice!

I used to go down your dads place when I was in my teens with freinds. I remeber all the old parted out planes down there.

Idnt your brother or someone sell used plane parts to the aircraft industry or refurbish them or something?

302Sport 12-29-2009 11:21 PM

My father started with smaller airplanes, but just buys and rebuilds private jets now. The place in plainville is more of just a hobby shop now because the stuff we do is too big to go in and out of plainville. So, our main operation is down in groton.