Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen-64/)
-   -   Fun Run in Organization for Memorial Weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen/251026-fun-run-organization-memorial-weekend.html)

Full Throttle 525 04-08-2011 09:11 PM

Fun Run in Organization for Memorial Weekend

Hey Guys:

A friend of mine has a brand new Brazilian Churraschuria Restaurant on the Housatonic River in Stratford, CT called Bossa Nova.

On May 29, they will have music, food and dancing on his deck. They have 6 docks with rafting available.

I thought it would be a great idea for Sutphen owners and their freinds with their boats to have a great day on the River or zip quickly out to the Sound.

If interested let me know on this board.

Of course, I am boatless so someone may have to give the old guy a ride!

Ron

818181 04-09-2011 08:42 AM

Tie Up

Ron, I live close to the Resturant, U need a ride NO Problem!! ,Dave

30ctsutphen 04-09-2011 03:50 PM

Ill have to see what the CPBA has going then, we have some things in the works but I am up for a SUTPHEN gathering when ever I can make it. Even if It is LATE!

Full Throttle 525 04-12-2011 03:14 PM

Hey Dave..That sounds Great!! I just happen to know a few Brazilian women that may want to go for a ride!! :)

Gladhe8er 04-12-2011 03:26 PM

I'm interested in trying that place out. Hopefully they have more success than Redfin, Margarita Grill, Assiago's....

I may be out and about that weekend, so if an AT is allowed, you just might have to count me in!

Full Throttle 525 04-13-2011 08:56 AM

I think you will like that restaurant. It is the only Churraschuria in Southern Connecticut. The others are located in Hartford and Westchester, NY.

The entire restaurant was remodeled and the bar relocated. With the docks and right on the river, live music, dancing, etc.. it surely will be a great stop.

Everyone is welcome!!

Bring the AT. I was at their plant many years ago and really liked that boat. Brian Stubblefield who had a Pantera now has a 33 I believe and loves it.

noyzee 04-13-2011 10:07 AM

hhmmm, this sounds like fun. where would i have to launch, and who could i follow? never did any boating in that area besides to claudios one time

Gladhe8er 04-13-2011 10:54 AM

I use the Birdseye launch ramp in Stratford, which is a mile down river from the restaurant and a mile away from the entrance to LI Sound. I am not sure if you can get a day pass at the ramp, and cops are always there checking to make sure you have a launch permit. Maybe FT 525 knows more about this , or can suggest a different ramp.

Full Throttle 525 04-21-2011 01:54 AM

The best thing is to check out a season pass in Stratford. A day pass is not a problem and may be $25 or so. But if you put in more than a few times a season a season pass may be better. I know Milford ramp may be less expensive for the season. It's a nicer ramp and no big current.

noyzee 04-21-2011 12:14 PM

i know i would probably do 1 maybe 2 launches. thats probably it.