Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen-64/)
-   -   1988 Sutphen Outrageous (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen/254058-1988-sutphen-outrageous.html)

sea2jet 05-21-2011 05:56 AM

1988 Sutphen Outrageous

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures of the 1988 Sutphen Outrageous in the hangar at the Chester Airport along with it's little brother. I'm just waiting for Explicit Airbrush to stop by and paint OLD SCHOOL on the transom.

sea2jet 05-21-2011 06:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Few more pictures

lucky strike 05-21-2011 11:05 AM

Nice set

fobes 05-21-2011 02:02 PM

Love that 33.

tommyvt59 05-21-2011 03:25 PM

lookes sweet! a lot like my Carrerea how fast?

chewtoy 05-21-2011 03:26 PM

Looking good,very clean!

SS930 05-21-2011 03:52 PM

Looks sweet Mike! How soon before they are coming out to play? I'm sure a bunch of us will be runing around next weekend (still unsure if my boat will be included), are you going to join us???

letterrip 05-21-2011 05:07 PM

Beautiful... looks super clean.....

sea2jet 05-21-2011 06:54 PM

Chip at Competition Marine Center use to own the boat and said it did between 83-85 mph when he ran it at the Lake of the Ozarks. I started the 21 footer for the first time today. Sounded really sweet with the slip in mufflers. I am flying the Caravan to Maine to have the floats removed and hope to be back on Tuesday. If the weather is nice, I would like to get the 21 out on the river this week. I plan to take it up to Maine around the 15th of June for a weeks vacation and want to make sure its set too go. I went to Hayes Haven and paid for the season. Jeff laughed when I told him I tasted the water. No Salt..... The place has opened up and should be great for launching the bigger Sutphen. Really nice folks there also.
The Outrageous is really neat. Got to love the mirrors below and the red lights...I think the name Old School should fit it nicely. Now too get it out onto the water and see what works and what doesn't.
Unfortunetly I am going to Montana for work over the holiday weekend but should be off after that for a few days.

Sutphen guy 05-21-2011 08:47 PM

What a pair

That 88 looks super clean, it will be a fun boat in the sound when the wind gets things blown up a bit. Have fun on your 1st run with the blue SSX. If you need a hand with anything give me a call.

Morgan

30ctsutphen 05-21-2011 11:52 PM

Yeah how many guys taste the freakin water to make sure its not brackish.LOL

Your insane mike.

Id bet its the same amount of guys who would owns 2 sutphens for several months and still not have used them for at least a shakedown run!

I think Mike likes the Idea of Owning a Sutphen more than he like the thought of USING a sutphen. I will break him of that in the near future though, If I have to corner him with the rest of the CPBA guys to get it done!

How its not killing him for them to just sit there Ill never know. Its freaking Killing me and there not even my boats.

30ctsutphen 05-21-2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3408994)
Looks sweet Mike! How soon before they are coming out to play? I'm sure a bunch of us will be runing around next weekend (still unsure if my boat will be included), are you going to join us???

Scot maybe well hve to go down to the hangar and break them boats in for him since hes not going to be using them.

He did say take them anytime I wanted, one day.LOL:evilb:

noyzee 05-24-2011 10:16 AM

wow, that 33 looks super super clean!!! i love it!!!

30ctsutphen 05-24-2011 05:16 PM

Where are you MIKE !!!! Its getting nice again you need to get that damn boat out!!!

SS930 07-11-2011 06:45 AM

I met Mike at the ramp yesterday as we were coming in, he and Jeff were splashing the 33 for the first time. Mike was nice enough to invite Christine and I along for the maiden voyage. What a super nice guy and he found himself one AMAZINGLY CLEAN 33! I was shocked at the condition of the boat given the age.

Congrats Mike on the great find, and it was an absolute pleasure meeting you! Also, thanks again for the ride! :cool:

sea2jet 07-11-2011 06:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got the boat out on the water for the first time yesterday. Except for a leaking speedometer water line and a sticky ignition switch, the boat went great. Thanks to Jeff, Scott and Christine for taking the time to help out. Scott, your boat is awesome. Explicit Airbrushing applied the name. You can't see it in the photos, but he ghosted racing checkers in mother of pearl behind the lettering.

sea2jet 07-11-2011 07:24 AM

Thanks Scott,
It was wonderful to meet meet you and Christine yesterday. The sound of your boat is amazing. It was so cool to hear it first and then see it come into view as you turned the corner coming into Hayes Haven. I had a blast yesterday. I was so excited I couln't sleep last night, but that could have been those dam Red Bulls I drank.

noyzee 07-11-2011 08:44 AM

what kind of speed is she running? looks great!!!

SS930 07-11-2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 3449137)
Thanks Scott,
It was wonderful to meet meet you and Christine yesterday. The sound of your boat is amazing. It was so cool to hear it first and then see it come into view as you turned the corner coming into Hayes Haven. I had a blast yesterday. I was so excited I couln't sleep last night, but that could have been those dam Red Bulls I drank.

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Looking forward to seeing you and your boat out again soon. There are quite a few performance boaters in our area that run together, I hoping to see you join the fun in the not to distant future. If you're looking to get out on the weekends and need a hand (on the water or in the air), please feel free to give me a shout.
Scot
860 391-1452

sea2jet 07-11-2011 09:02 AM

Thanks Scott, I'm working this weekend but if anything should change or any flights pop up and I'm in need of a co-pilot, I will give you a call.
Jeff got the boat up to 75 on the GPS yesterday and then we had to slow for a no wake zone. That was with 4 on board and full fuel(180 gal.) I'm hoping for 80 with a lighter load and the boat trimmed out. Chip at Competition Marine said he had it up to 83-85 mph but that might have been on the speedo. It's amazing how well it does going over cruiser wakes. Like ridding in a caddy.

30ctsutphen 07-11-2011 10:36 AM

That 75 was not even close tp fully trimmed I see 78 easy and 80 + on good days with conditions correct in its future

Faster after the TURBOS ! Lol

SS930 07-11-2011 10:56 AM

I have no doubt it will easily run 80+ under the right conditions.

lucky strike 07-11-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 3449236)
Thanks Scott, I'm working this weekend but if anything should change or any flights pop up and I'm in need of a co-pilot, I will give you a call.
Jeff got the boat up to 75 on the GPS yesterday and then we had to slow for a no wake zone. That was with 4 on board and full fuel(180 gal.) I'm hoping for 80 with a lighter load and the boat trimmed out. Chip at Competition Marine said he had it up to 83-85 mph but that might have been on the speedo. It's amazing how well it does going over cruiser wakes. Like ridding in a caddy.

Boat looks awesome!

ben 07-30-2020 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by sea2jet (Post 3449107)
Finally got the boat out on the water for the first time yesterday. Except for a leaking speedometer water line and a sticky ignition switch, the boat went great. Thanks to Jeff, Scott and Christine for taking the time to help out. Scott, your boat is awesome. Explicit Airbrushing applied the name. You can't see it in the photos, but he ghosted racing checkers in mother of pearl behind the lettering.

Do you still own this boat? My dad almost bought this from a good friend of his before Chip bought it. I've always thought this was one of the coolest boats, if you still have it and have any interest in selling I'd definitely be interested!