Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen-64/)
-   -   26' Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen/30320-26-sutphen.html)

floatingphil 08-21-2002 08:55 AM

fobes,
That would be great if you could fax me (416)407-0516.

boomer,
That pretty much answers my question.

Stillcrazy 08-21-2002 09:48 AM

sutphen

Sutphil
Built a few 20's in Florida but mold went ot Canada for a short time on loan then back to Jersey where Richies son continued producing it. He was a great rigger and craftsman so I expect them to be great boats.Most 20's went with Magum 454 and an "Alpha drive " Really! Pre Bravo Our mainstay was the 33 and 26 with 30 and 38 Usually "special" 30 was THE race hull .Fast if you could handle it! Pic's comming as I scan them

Sutphen39 08-21-2002 09:12 PM

Stillcrazy,
My husband and I had you guys build us a 34' back in 1988 and then in 1994 we took motors and drives, Arnesons, from the 34' and had them put into a new 39'. Both of them ran great. We still have the 39, with newer and naturally bigger motors. We have spent alot of time over the years at the plant. Great boat and great people!!!
Linda and Ray

Stillcrazy 08-22-2002 10:05 AM

Sutphen39

Hey Linda and Ray HELLO!
Just going over some old photos to send Offshoreonly buddies and have some of your "33" at the plant when it was coming out.If you have been around lately you know that Rich is redoing the "40" with a trick transom setup.Deck will depart from his "classic" Sutphen look.He's setting up for more surface drives too.
WALT.....(I rigged your 33! Often wonder how they faired.)

Sutphen39 08-22-2002 08:49 PM

Stillcrazy,
Ray definitely remembers you!!! In august of '87 we spent a few days in Ft Meyers while the boat was being finished. Ray would hang at the plant and I entertained our children, ages 8 & 10 (at the time) until it was ready to be brought home to NJ. If you recall we made all you guys line up in front of the boat to take pictures, still have them. Good memories.
Believe it or not we still have those same Arnesons on the '94 and they are great. Chris just called 2 weeks ago to ask if Ray would talk to someone about the surface drives.
Hope you are retired and are enjoying life!!
Linda

Stillcrazy 08-23-2002 09:43 AM

Sutphen39

Sutphen39
Thanks for the reply.I retired ??but Was the Dry pits manager for the APBA races in Ft.Myers for the last 8 yrs. I am still working part time for Page Racing and assisted with "Spirit of P.R ",#44 a super cat last year and the "Equalizer".I still rig on special projects for Nortech and Thunder Marine. If you are ever in the area give a call ,Rich knows how. Old riggers never die ,they just...........
WALT

Hey guys,Sorry about Pics not being sent in JPEG.they came from Arcsoft Album and I didn't pay attention .

Sutphen39 08-23-2002 10:10 PM

Ray and I always go to Key West in november for the races. This year we will be there for APBA, if you are going to be there, let us know and we will look you up.
Linda

floatingphil 08-27-2002 08:47 PM

Stillcrazy,
Thanks for the photos. The blue/white 26 that you have pictured, looks very similar to mine, only new of course.

KN 08-28-2002 08:37 AM

Stillcrazy thanks for sending the pictures. When did they change the deck on the 30'? and start making the 31'/32'. Somewhere around late 80's early 90's I assume. Is the bottom still the same. Do you know how many 31'/32' ? they made. I constently check the classifieds and have never seen any for sale.

Thanks Kirk

Stillcrazy 08-28-2002 09:08 AM

Sutphen 26

Sutphil...Sent blue/white O/B and I/O Quessing that it's the I/O If date is late 80's could be same boat. Not many without just "stripes"Got more pic's of it if it's yours.

Kirk....30 was stretched by adding to original hull.Bottom was therfore extended but continued same line.Richey is not a fan of trickey bottoms although he has put a step in them at times.31 came about around '87-88.....Remember Sutphens are a low production,custom boat so don't expect to find them as plentiful as high volume manufacturers..90% of boats went to North East coast.Thats where concentration should be.
WALT