Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Swap Shop (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/swap-shop-253/)
-   -   New CMI headers for 525 and ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/swap-shop/250963-new-cmi-headers-525-a.html)

PARADOX 04-07-2011 06:22 PM

New CMI headers for 525 and ?

3 Attachment(s)
Never installed, brand new in box, CMI headers for 525 and whatever else they may fit.
I'm in a pickle and I screwed up. WRONG SET FOR ME. These are straight, appearently designed for straight out the back. (like a staggered set up) Not enough "sweep" down to fit to my existing tips. I thought ALL CMI headers for Mercs are the same. I was wrong. These are actually have the Merc. speced stainless rigid tubes/racks (distribution tubes) on the bottem.
$4,000 for the pair + shipping.

Thx
P
Attachment 444978

Attachment 444979

Attachment 444980

Expensive Date 04-07-2011 07:03 PM

They won't take them back?????

PARADOX 04-07-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 3371249)
They won't take them back?????

It's not "their" fault and it's not CMI. I did not buy them from CMI or one of their dealers. When I, F' up, I admit it. I measured, looked, and one thing I forgot when I was looking at the pictures that my silly wide screen monitor "streches" everything, so I thought I can make them work. As soon as I opened the box. I said CHIT. So, I do have to get the right set and let these go. BUT!!! with the sale, I will include ALL the untold issues how to keep these last. I talked, and I learend, there is a WAY to help their "life expectancy".

Baja_man 04-07-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3371262)
I will include ALL the untold issues how to keep these last. I talked, and I learend, there is a WAY to help their "life expectancy".

Do tell.

And what other accessories come with...gaskets, oil relocate kit....anything?

redbud35 04-07-2011 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3371262)
It's not "their" fault and it's not CMI. I did not buy them from CMI or one of their dealers. When I, F' up, I admit it. I measured, looked, and one thing I forgot when I was looking at the pictures that my silly wide screen monitor "streches" everything, so I thought I can make them work. As soon as I opened the box. I said CHIT. So, I do have to get the right set and let these go. BUT!!! with the sale, I will include ALL the untold issues how to keep these last. I talked, and I learend, there is a WAY to help their "life expectancy".

I just bought the same set in January for $6000!!!
:eek:
Looks like CMI at least polished them for you. My old set looked better than the new ones when I pulled them out of the box.

Face It 04-08-2011 05:48 AM

are those big tubes

Baja_man 04-08-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Face It (Post 3371507)
are those big tubes

I would think sport tube

PARADOX 04-08-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Baja_man (Post 3371274)
Do tell.

And what other accessories come with...gaskets, oil relocate kit....anything?

lol... The "telling" thing will cost 4K.
You can have a set of gaskets, and all the bolts. No oil relocate. Why would you need one?

Not "big tubes" I do think they are called the "sport tube" headers.

pachanga 04-08-2011 04:14 PM

Send the tails to CMI and have them adjust them to your application! I did on mine and it was only a few hundred smackers!

thirdchildhood 04-08-2011 04:59 PM

So you know a secret to making 525 headers last longer but you're not telling. What if we all stop sharing advice here?