Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > Swap Shop
BBC Edelbrock Cast Aluminum Valve Covers and Cast Aluminum Oil Pan - Custom made??? >

BBC Edelbrock Cast Aluminum Valve Covers and Cast Aluminum Oil Pan - Custom made???

Notices

BBC Edelbrock Cast Aluminum Valve Covers and Cast Aluminum Oil Pan - Custom made???

Old 10-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BBC Edelbrock Cast Aluminum Valve Covers and Cast Aluminum Oil Pan - Custom made???

Hi Guys,

Picked these up in a trade down in NASCAR Country from a friend. Not sure if I buy the story I was told, but they are nice parts regardless.

Story was these are one of a set of 2 custom made by/for Vic Edelbrock, one set went on his boat (who knew??) and this is the second set.

Maybe they were prototypes that never went into production or something since they do have casting numbers.

FWIW, the guy I got them from is very well connected in the old NASCAR world as his Dad was one of the NASCAR mechanics back in the days. I do know for a fact he grew up with his family and the Earnhart family being close friends.

I have searched the web for details concerning these and haven't found zip, so who knows. Anyone that has more info is welcomed to share. I am not pretending they are as rare as I was told, nor do I feel I am pricing them as such..just passing on the info I have.

The covers and oil pan are certainly used, as they show signs of prior installation, but they are in excellent condition.

No clue on what they are worth, but I will sell these as a set, both valve covers and the oil pan for $400 plus the ride.

Oh, the valve covers come with short and tall aluminum breathers as seen in the pics.

Even if no one wants them I would appreciate any feedback or additional info concerning them...if for no other reason than curiosity sake.

FWIW, I am very familiar with having aluminum parts cast as I have my own aluminum parts cast (Intakes,etc) and this stuff was not made by amateurs!

Thanks,

Dave