New alpha / bravo trim sender diy install kit without removing drive >

New alpha / bravo trim sender diy install kit without removing drive

Notices

New alpha / bravo trim sender diy install kit without removing drive

Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New alpha / bravo trim sender diy install kit without removing drive

DIY INSTALL IN 30 MIN WITHOUT REMOVING DRIVE !! NEW OEM Mercruiser Trim sender senders sensor kit all Alpha & Bravo 805320A0377

NO LONGER IS THERE AN EXCUSE TO OPERATE YOUR BOAT WITHOUT A FUNCTIONING TRIM GAUGE FROM THE RESULT OF FAULTY TRIM SENDER/ LIMIT SENDER .

THIS NEW MERCRUISER KIT WILL SAVE YOU HUNDREDS IN LABOR AS YOU NO LONGER NEED TO REMOVE OUTDRIVE AND HELMUT .

TO INSTALL THIS KIT YOU SIMPLY DRILL 3/8 HOLE ON TRANSOM ASSY TO RUN FULLY JACKED WIRE TO STAINLESS STEEL FEED THRU ABOVE WATER LINE .

KIT INLUDES

NEW MERCRUISER TRIM SENDER

NEW MERCRUISER LIMIT SENDER

2- STAINLESS STEEL FEED THRU TRANDOM FITTING

INSTRUCTIONS
Old 03-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Registered

I may need one of these!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pictures??
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 03-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Registered

I'd be very suprised if that treally is a genuine "mercruiser kit". Looks to be more like someone trying to earn a few dollars selling some cheap s/s bulkhead fittings.

Really isn't the right way to do that job, but looking at the example shown I can see why you wouldn't want to pull that assembly apart.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I say crap on here .What a way to butcher a boat and transom assembly.I see now why the gimble ring doesn't pinch the wires....just drill holes in the transom assembly.
Had to say it ........
Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered

I think it is a good idea. Easy to replace if anything goes wrong. I don't see the difference between this and drilling holes for cables so you have a mechanical system???
Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

that might be just the ticket for my ScarabIII, Pretty good idea cuz i really dont want to go through the effort for that boat and the indicators have not worked since i bought it.

Man them is some crusty azz drives in that add . . . . much like my Scarab
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Thanks Dave as your the ONLY guy around here that has walked the walk and I will go to if I need help !

Here is deal guys , I personally know 5 pepole that the trim gauge doesnt work and I ask why not replace senders !!! They said really ??? Do you know the shop wants 5 hours @ 120.00 an hour , bellows , ex bellow , bearing , shift cable as they said your in there why not ??? Not everyone wants to spend a 1000.00 or 2 k for twin engine to replace so this kit for 159.00 free shipping does it all .

As far pinching there is plenty of room to pivot as the hole is drilled tight to transom and why would you want to spend the money for mech indicators and re-invent the wheel ?? 99 % of the other boats on planet , bravo , aplha , gen1 , gen 2 all have this issue .
Sure if you have a super nice boat you might spend the 900 to replace but most people just want it repaired .

Dave PM me if you want a set

Larry

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 03-10-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
Thanks Dave as your the ONLY guy around here that has walked the walk and I will go to if I need help !
And what exactly is this walk that we haven't walked?, lol.

Here is deal guys , I personally know 5 pepole that the trim gauge doesnt work and I ask why not replace senders !!! They said really ??? Do you know the shop wants 5 hours @ 120.00 an hour , plus 100.00 for Merc kit , bellows , ex bellow , bearing , shift cable as they said your in there why not ??? Not everyone wants to spend a 1000.00 or 2 k for twin engine to replace so this kit for 159.00 free shipping does it all .
If all the transoms are like the one in the advert, then I suspect new bellows and a bearing wouldn't be a bad idea, although I can't see why a new shift cable would be necessary.

We quite often fit new senders without pulling the transom apart. It's a fiddly job, but a decent 1/4" drive set, and some flex joints gets the job done.

Also, if your saying the senders are $100, and your "kit" is $159, then your making a tidy profit on a cheap bulkhead fitting and a bit of postage.

Dave PM me if you want a set

Larry
Dave, PM me if you want a cheap bulkhead fitting, I'll stick one in the post for you. You'll probably be able to buy the sender local, and no doubt get a trade price on it. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.