2001 MerCruiser 496 HO Mag Complete engine $8000

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

496 HO MerCruiser Complete Engine Package 425 hp
Powerful, smart and virtually maintenance-free, Completely dressed clean MerCruiser 496 HO 420HP motors. $8,000 or BO. The motor has 475hrs. Compression is equal on all cylinders @157 psi to 161 psi. Motors show no codes, no warranty claims and are 100% turnkey - ready to go. Sale includes new water pump impellers, fuel rail and injectors, plugs, filters and fresh oil change with all OEM parts. This is a CLOSED WATER SYSTEM motor. Motor has all wiring connection for SmartCraft gauges. Motor is currently set up for Bravo3 drive configuration but can be easily convert to any configuration, but it will include bell housing starter or flywheel in the Bravo. Motors came from a pleasure cruising boat that I’m looking to upgrade to a bigger motor. $8,000. Contact me with any additional questions at 518-858-4000. You can take advantage of all that SmartCraft™ has to offer.

Key Features:
Distributorless ignition system that eliminates mechanical timing adjustments.
• 8.1L Block (496 c.i.)
• Closed-cooling with 5-year coolant.
• Redesigned exhaust system with cast iron manifolds and stainless steel elbows.
• Dry-joint technology that reduces the potential for water leakage in exhaust components and improves corrosion resistance in the exhaust system.
• Innovative new single-point air-actuated raw water drain system, which enables boaters to extend their boating season into the cold months.
• Bronze seawater pump for longer life and more durability.
• Billet steel special profile camshaft with roller followers that provides quiet operation and increased performance.
• Platinum-tipped spark plugs to ensure long life and trouble-free starts.
00MerCruiser (425 hp, 496 HO Bravo) Specifications:

Fuel Type Gasoline
Horsepower 425-hp

Displacement (cu/cc) 496.00 c.i. / 8,127.98 cc
Number of Cylinders 8 Cylinders
Configuration V8
Fuel Delivery Fuel Injected
Cooling System Closed Cooling
Weight (lbs/kg) 1,131.00 lbs / 513 kg
Charging System 65 amp/917 w alternator
Length/width/height 35 in / 33 in / 24 in
Full Throttle RPM 4600-5000 rpm