Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Technical Issues (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/technical-issues-54/)
-   -   Adding new fourm feature (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/technical-issues/322031-adding-new-fourm-feature.html)

Bawana 01-14-2015 12:47 AM

Adding new fourm feature

What would it take to get OSO to add a "dislike" or a "Booooo" feature. They have the "like" that people can hit if they like or agree on a post. Reason being, lately I have noticed ALOT of people, mostly non members posting bad advice, or just total BS. Are they just trying to get a high post count ? As most on here sadly think, that guys with high post counts... means they know what they are talking about; Whereas, in reality its NOT the case. There are guys on here that do know what they are talking about, they are really trying to help. Others, just like to act like they do, and seem to comment on everything; they maybe think they are helping and don't really know better... Its a shame, people come on here to get advice on things, with the hopes that they are getting correct information. If someone does correct the person giving the bad advise... there begins a 20 page fight. If OSO added the feature people could just like or dislike someones comment or advise without the 20 page fight. Then people can see that & determine if they want to really trust whats being said. I just hope that no member, or non member has taken bad advise off this site, and it got them in the A$$.

Griff 01-14-2015 01:16 AM

I like the idea in some ways. Not sure if it can be done with the current software.
I moved this to the section where the IB guys would see it.

Rattlesnake Jake 01-14-2015 04:49 AM

There's a "Like" now. If You think a post is wrong or misleading say so.
MY 2¢

Bawana 01-14-2015 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake (Post 4249307)
There's a "Like" now. If You think a post is wrong or misleading say so.
MY 2¢

Your the perfect example.

Rattlesnake Jake 01-14-2015 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bawana (Post 4249540)
Your the perfect example.

Let it be known that I'm not perfect. Carry on.

Bawana 10-30-2015 09:58 PM

I really wish OSO would consider putting a dislike feature along with the share & like feature. For the reasons I posted above. It would also stop some of the stupid comments and bickering back & forth. I have spoke to several very knowledgeable people from the marine industry that don't even want to post on here anymore because of the BS.

MILD THUNDER 12-04-2015 06:37 PM

I would like to have the option, to "like" your own posts as well. :bong::fear:

Flightplan 12-04-2015 10:35 PM

How about a "time-out" button, yeah, that's he ticket.

So Someone gives me a "dislike", and then I could counter with a "time-out", and then they could hit me with a "Boooo", and I would them slam him back with a "nananana" and in a couple of months this whole phuking place would be gay.

Just Sayin'

vintage chromoly 12-05-2015 04:59 AM

Does anyone have a link to the "like" APP?
There has to be one. You know, it automatically "likes" another forum participants posts each time they spew.
I know a few members on OSO are using the APP. :circle::circle: