Kentucky Lake Questions >

Kentucky Lake Questions

Notices

Kentucky Lake Questions

Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Kentucky Lake Questions

So I have some firends of mine wanting us to make the trip up to Lake Kentucky July 9th thru the 17th. Is there anything going on there during this time?

I saw that the poker run is in June (which would have been fun) but looks like we will miss it.

Is there a speed limit? It looks like there is alot of water to boat on.

My wife is from Camden, Tn so we thought about taking a boat ride down there to visit. Are there any locks that one would have to worry about?

Thanks for the help. Oh, we would be bring our 30 Motion and a friend would be bringing a 32 Fountain.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
So I have some firends of mine wanting us to make the trip up to Lake Kentucky July 9th thru the 17th. Is there anything going on there during this time?

I saw that the poker run is in June (which would have been fun) but looks like we will miss it.

Is there a speed limit? It looks like there is alot of water to boat on.

My wife is from Camden, Tn so we thought about taking a boat ride down there to visit. Are there any locks that one would have to worry about?

Thanks for the help. Oh, we would be bring our 30 Motion and a friend would be bringing a 32 Fountain.
There is no speed limit on Ky lake or Barkley Lake which connect to one another. If you stay some were on the North end of Ky or Barkely there is several marinas and restaurants. There is only one that serves Alcohol and thats Buzzard Rock but once you cross the Tn state line there are several places to eat, drink, and listen to live bands. The party cove is also on the north end of the lake. As far as dam's there is none to Camden. Hope this helps also might try posting in the WKYPA forum thats for Ky lake boaters.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
There is no speed limit on Ky lake or Barkley Lake which connect to one another. If you stay some were on the North end of Ky or Barkely there is several marinas and restaurants. There is only one that serves Alcohol and thats Buzzard Rock but once you cross the Tn state line there are several places to eat, drink, and listen to live bands. The party cove is also on the north end of the lake. As far as dam's there is none to Camden. Hope this helps also might try posting in the WKYPA forum thats for Ky lake boaters.
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice is to stay in the channel... outside of the channel it can get very shallow (like 2 foot deep in places).