Second Half 2011 Activities

Notices

Second Half 2011 Activities

Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Half 2011 Activities

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Let's pick some second half activities (that DO NOT require a permit) and some possible dates. I know there is never a date that is good for all, but let's pick the best option and have enough variety so that everyone has a chance to do something they will enjoy, fits their budget or if they have a boat in shop or are still shopping for that new ride. Here are some things that we have done or ideas I have heard bantered around:

October fall run - its tradition. Is it a set weekend in October?

Ashland City cruise - if we have any gas money left after all the poker runs. They completely rebuilt Riverview - but you don't make a run like this for the food.

Cherokee Steak House - summer before the days get too short again.

Some impromptu get togethers at Black Jack or Anchor High - lunch or dinner or just a few cold "pops".

Weekend raft up/picnics on area lakes. - just pick a weekend on the Monday before and post so whoever wants to come hang out and socialize can.

Poker run weekends - those who can't go out of town get together locally for something fun. Let's start with this coming weekend for those who can't make Knoxville.

A cookout or two. Get a few volunteers to organize it and everyone who comes pitches in a few bucks for the sides and what goes on the grill. On the lake or off the lake. Maybe it is time for Chef Kenny-O to dust off his pig roasting skills.

Take a sick day - doctor's orders - you need some extra vitamin D pronto. Nowhere better than the middle of the lake to pick up some rays mid-week.

And when it gets too cold for boating - some fall and winter activities to keep the winter blues away.

Off or pre-season boat show. Shine 'em up and show 'em off. It's how I met many of you the first time and caught the bug.

I can't call these official MCPA activities, but I hope that out of this we can get the club re-energized and going strong again. Anyone who likes to have fun is welcomed to participate, and anyone can take the lead on organizing something. I'll support the efforts as best as I can.

So chime in everyone. I know that there are some good ideas out there, and I look forward to seeing everyone's suggestions.

RP
Old 07-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

MCPA's 1st annual Golf Outing!

ive mentioned this to a several people and i think you would be suprised at the turnout this could generate, there are a lot of people in our crew that like to chase that little white ball all over the place. this could be a good time away from the water for a change of pace.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered

Ralph-

Is it OK to register for the Fun Run at the Friday dinner? We'll be there for the lunch run and dinner.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
Ralph-

Is it OK to register for the Fun Run at the Friday dinner? We'll be there for the lunch run and dinner.
Chewy,

Whatever works best for you - the Friday night welcome reception or Saturday morning pre-run breakfast will be fine. See you soon.

RP
Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by will22

ive mentioned this to a several people and i think you would be suprised at the turnout this could generate, there are a lot of people in our crew that like to chase that little white ball all over the place. this could be a good time away from the water for a change of pace.
I like this idea - any seconds?
Old 07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Just don't let KennyO on your cart. He might think he's at the Moors Resort.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Registered

I like it! I haven't hacked up a course in a few years!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chewymalone
Just don't let KennyO on your cart. He might think he's at the Moors Resort.
LOL!!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

That's what fall and early spring is for! Just because you retired from boating doesn't we will!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
That's what fall and early spring is for! Just because you retired from boating doesn't we will!
Im sorry last time i checked my boat has been out more times than yours this season???

as far as a golf outing it can be this fall - nobody wants to play in this heat anyway, they were just asking for ideas. i think it would be a blast to get everyone out there and hack it up for an afternoon. heck we could have a scramble and play best ball so everyone of all skill levels could play.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.