Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Late
Gerrit
we are considering going
we are maybe looking for a couple of riders

what are the plans
where would we be leaving from
and times
I am not sure of all of the details. It looks like TomTBone is organizing. Maybe he can fill us in on the details. His post says they are leaving Galveston around noon on Friday. Where at in Galveston are they meeting to leave from? We are still working on our schedule to try and get the weekend off.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerritm
I am not sure of all of the details. It looks like TomTBone is organizing. Maybe he can fill us in on the details. His post says they are leaving Galveston around noon on Friday. Where at in Galveston are they meeting to leave from? We are still working on our schedule to try and get the weekend off.
The game plan for now is leaving Friday the 12th at 10:00AM out of Galveston. We picked Galveston, cause we did not know of a safe place in Clear Lake to store our trucks and trailers for 3 days. " we are open for ideas"
Cruise to Lake Charles party Friday and Saturday, and return back Sunday mornnin....

Also none of us going have made this trip before, Tommy gave me all his info. I do have a Chartplotter/GPS....so anyone who wants to tag along or lead is more than welcome...Tom
Old 10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

Hey Tom James here I think we met at PAPPAS during Baja bash last weekend. We are with TOPPS Clear Lake and made the run last april. I did not store the run in our GPS but going through the big ditch its a no brainer. Is that how you guys are wanting to run or go offshore?
Where are you guys staying at?
Also the trucks and trailers can be left under the Kemah bridge. We have left our truck there overnight alot and no problems. I have been told that Kemah police cruise the parking lot regularly
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tom. Call Ken Volbrecht, the manager at Endeavor Marine (the big dry storage area behind West Marine on Nasa Rd 1 next to Marine Max). He's in TOPPS and has a large parking lot where trailers are kept for Poker Run. He also has good docks for loading folks in to boat after putting boats in to water. Should be safer than Galveston or Kemah. Just my 2 cents. Tommy

ps: James - it is not a "no brainer" on the return trip with Guy navigating (LOL)!!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Registered

ps: James - it is not a "no brainer" on the return trip with Guy navigating (LOL)!!!!![/QUOTE]

I was'nt worried. I did'nt think Guy was going on this trip.
He's not planning on going is he.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THLWL
Tom. Call Ken Volbrecht, the manager at Endeavor Marine (the big dry storage area behind West Marine on Nasa Rd 1 next to Marine Max). He's in TOPPS and has a large parking lot where trailers are kept for Poker Run. He also has good docks for loading folks in to boat after putting boats in to water. Should be safer than Galveston or Kemah. Just my 2 cents. Tommy

ps: James - it is not a "no brainer" on the return trip with Guy navigating (LOL)!!!!!
T. Rober was going to talk to the Endeavor for us, or have James call. That would be fine for us to leave from there.

Originally Posted by Always Late
Hey Tom James here I think we met at PAPPAS during Baja bash last weekend. We are with TOPPS Clear Lake and made the run last april. I did not store the run in our GPS but going through the big ditch its a no brainer. Is that how you guys are wanting to run or go offshore?
Where are you guys staying at?
Also the trucks and trailers can be left under the Kemah bridge. We have left our truck there overnight alot and no problems. I have been told that Kemah police cruise the parking lot regularly
Endeavor sounds like a good deal after speakin to Rober. We can run the ditch or offshore or both...its all good.

We are satyin at La Bargue
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Registered

I called Ken Volbreck at Endeavor and we can park trucks and trailers there. We just have to park in a certain spot. But it's on the other side of the lake from the best ramp.

We called La Bargue tonight and they have no rooms for Fri night and limited for Sat night. So whats the scoop for rooms.

Tom you can call me at 832-236-6690.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

James, Where we got fuel on our run at Bowtie Marina in Contraband Bayou, if you keep going past the marina, there is a hotel and Bennigans with docking in a no wake zone. It's not L'Auberge quality, but I hear it's ok. Don't remember the name, but Bowtie would know at 337-478-0130. T

Quick Reply: TOPPS Clear Lake run to Lake Charles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.