Banana Bend >

Banana Bend

Notices

Banana Bend

Old 06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
I,m doing well, had a second surgery on my hand last week to remove the hardware and scar tissue. I already see more movement so I am pleased.

There have been two incidents recently where boats were disabled after hitting a stump off the NE end of what I call the second island. The USCG have finally said they will look into marking the channel.

You should not have seen less than 8' of water if you were on track. I'd be happy to show you the line if I am out.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
We followed the channel markers as much as we could find them. Unfortunately both of our gps units didn't work there. We don't have the inland river card, just the bay and gulf to try and follow the channel on the gps unit. We were going slow because of his water pump problems and got into about 2' of water. Hope your hand heals and all is well.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

I always wanted to check that area out.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Since this thread popped up, I thought I would mention that they will be running the Outlaw winter nationals Jan 23rd at Banana Bend, Outboard River rockets and jet boats will be there for a day long side by side "test and tune" session

Come by boat or car weather permitting.
Do they have these races every year?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Yes, except this year it was moved to the new marina down river from Banana Bend. A lot better place and I expect it to take place there again in January.