Notices

Conroe Newbie - Scarab 29

Old 05-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conroe Newbie - Scarab 29

Hello all!

Just put in an offer on a Scarab 29 at Ron Hoover,. It has to be from someone on here no doubt with the TOPPS sticker on the windscreen! Looking forward to getting out on the water with it.

I searched a lot of threads but see no mention of anyone recommending Walden Marina for wet storage. I am going to have to find the other ones mentioned.. like Inland and such... but has anyone had a slip at Walden? Price is a little high and not sure what is up with teh $30.00/month spider spray charge on top of the slip price.. spiders seem to be an issue I guess.

It would also be great if there was a place I could slip at and store the trailer. I live in Richmond and having the trailer at the house and boat at the marina just wreaks of a headache...

Any othe pointers on boating on Conroe are really appreciated... I decided to go North this year instead of South (clear lake), and back to power. The blow boat was boring....

Thanks!

Bob C
Old 05-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

I had a slip at Walden Marina a couple years ago. I thought it would make sense because I live in Walden. After a few months I realized it would be cheaper and less hassle to rent a dry storage.

Yes, the spider and bird crap can be aggravating every time you get ready to run. If it's not staining the boat's gel coat it's on the cover. Not to mention the marine stains and growth from the water. I scrub my hull every time I pull out of the lake.

I got a 15' X 40' storage unit at April Forrest Storage and it's the best thing I could have done. Makes everything easier. A lot less cleaning and gives me a shop to perform all my maintenance.

Congrats on your purchase and maybe see you out sometime.

Brady
Old 05-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks Brady! I have a condo unit in Walden as well. I plan on spending most weekends there! I am off to Find April Forest. Thanks for the tip.

Bob
Old 05-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome to the lake! Wish we were still there but got moved up to Dallas about 2 years ago. Will be stopping in at the lake house though next weekend on the way to pick the big girl up from David at Gulf Coast to haul back to Canyon Lake. Conroe TOPPS gang is a great group of peeps! Enjoy your ride and congratz!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks Hossman! Just got back from the lake. Apart from the deluge of rain it was a great first weekend. Cannot wait for my ride. One of our neighbors who I will no doubt meet soon docked his red Formula right in front! So jealous. But soon! Everyone We've met have been great!
Old 06-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Had the new toy our for the first time.. still breaking in the motors so we ran her easy, but Conroe can certainly get to rocking and rolling! Loved it....

I was going to stop at the island then realized the boat didn't come with an anchor! DUH!..... so excited I forgot to check for such important things!

Looking forward to next weekend!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Registered

Congrats on the boat. Watch the north end of the island as its shallow way out. Most hang at the dam or at Scotts Ridge on the north end past 1097 bridge and second cove on the left. Gotta hug the left shoreline pretty much all the way back where you will pass the boat ramp and then the cove will be on your left. Conroe is a killer on the weekends.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks for the info on the lake and locations. And I can see the weekend is a nightmare. there are more craft, some human powered coming from all directions. a bit of a mad house, thankfully it is much quieter during the week.

Not to wear out my welcome, but if you or someoen can refer me to a good shop for mercruiser repair and maintenance I would appreciate it. I have about another 5 hours to put on the refresh of my motors and need to have the fluids changed and a check out before I run WOT..

Glad to be back on the water. Thanks again!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:54 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Where would a screen name TX Yankee was born & lived before TX ?

Heck when I first moved here back in 1982 they just called me Yankee Yankee Yankee. Man did that get old back then.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Hahaha. I just saw this...moved here in 1993 and even after 18+ years and saying y'all they still ask me if I'm a Yankee up in Montgomery County! So I decide to become a hybrid! Seems to be all the rage these days..

I hale from the little State of Rhode Island, deep water no shore for miles, definitely no mud or stumps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.