Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers. >

I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.

Notices

I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.

Old 07-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.

Just playing around on the digital and found these pics I took this week. Thought some of you might find them interesting.

1)A BMW somethinoranother that we tinted for a client. His wife's anniversary present. (the car that is)
2)A Ford Lightning we lowered for a customer. Just a 2" coil and 2" shackle kit, nothing special really. Also has a liner we sprayed in for him.
3)2002 F-250 that we put some Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on. Truck has a small lift with a handful of other goodies the client has added over the last few years. Pretty clean truck.

Buck
Attached Thumbnails I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.-dsc00587.jpg   I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.-dsc00602.jpg   I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.-dsc00603.jpg  

Last edited by buck183; 07-02-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.

Hey Buck ... I have a 2002 Xterra ....if I wanted to lower the rear ...just 1-2" that a big deal ....I want it level ... or maybe the front 1" then level it up ......
Attached Thumbnails I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.-2002x.jpg  
Old 07-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Registered

Here's a pretty cool ball mount we started carrying a few months ago. I had to have one. If nothing else it looks cool. Feel free to use my tag number as you see fit.

I have several other pics of some Hummers, Denalis, and Escalades that we put wheel on in the past few weeks but can't find them.

Buck
Attached Thumbnails I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.-dsc00604.jpg  
Old 07-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
Hey Buck ... I have a 2002 Xterra ....if I wanted to lower the rear ...just 1-2" that a big deal ....I want it level ... or maybe the front 1" then level it up ......
HMMMM....I can honestly say I've never done any suspension work on an Xterra before. I'll have to do some research on that one. Is it two or four wheel drive? That will get me going in the right direction at least.

Those wheels look good on there. Not many people I deal with spend the money to dress one up. I like what you've done with it. Clean looking.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 07-02-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Buck-
Ever install a Congnito front lift on a Chevy???

I want 2-3" lift on the front of my '04 K2500.. Without a serious $$ suspension...
I know I can crank the T-Bars for about one inch.... But that may not be enough...

Suggestions?
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 07-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
HMMMM....I can honestly say I've never done any suspension work on an Xterra before. I'll have to do some research on that one. Is it two or four wheel drive? That will get me going in the right direction at least.

Those wheels look good on there. Not many people I deal with spend the money to dress one up. I like what you've done with it. Clean looking.

Buck
2 wheel drive .... I assume just a spacer to lower the rear ?
Old 07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

tim you got the green keys for the front of the chevy very easy to do, as for cognito a good lift kit with great cust service and the owner will chat with ya till you get an issue resolved or if you are just looking for info about the lifts, instead of just trying to stick you with a lift for the truck and not helping you put together what exactly you are gonna do with it like some of the other places out there.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Tim,

Apparently Hard On has a little more experience than myself with the Cognito lift. I have tons of experience with the normal brands that most people recognize....Fabtech, Rancho, Pro Comp, Superlift, Trailmaster and so on.

I would be interested in knowing a little more about this product though. All I am aware for the GM is 4" kits. Nothing smaller than that has ever been done in my store. I do have customers looking for a simple leveling kit other than new torsion bar keyways.

Buck
Old 07-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Tires bigger than 33s absolutely kill towing ability...
So I put 285/16s on (33s)...
The rear certainly has plenty of room.. The front rubs a tiny bit on hard cornering.
The front on the GMs sit low, and are soft...

That Cognito setup is really just upper A arms that correct the geometry when the t bars are cranked. It's my understanding that the upper ball joint will bind if you crank torsion bars more than 1"...
The Cognito lets you go 3" while keeping the spinlde in the right location, without any binding...

The parts are $500, then longer shocks for another $400, and they have a kit that stiffens the steering system for another $250...
I'd put a 1" block in the rear, then the truck would be perfect...

We have a shortage of off road shops here in SE FL... I guess just because there isn't much off roading to be done...

I think I'll do the Cognito setup on this truck. I'll post pics when it's done.

TIM G.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 07-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

tim for a shop in your area check with www.duallyusa.com dont know how far they are from you. Also you have intense offroad in Inverness(sp)

Quick Reply: I'm bored....pics of some rigs we did this week for customers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.