Notices

Ford announces new discounts

Old 07-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford announces new discounts

With GM announcing the +40% increase of sales since they intro'd the 'employee price for everyone'
FORD will be announcing its own form at participating retailers:
'The Company is announcing a new sales program called the "Ford Family Plan". The Ford Family Plan is a national program that offers all customers the same great discount that our employees receive. This offer will be available at participating dealerships from July 6, 2005 through August 1, 2005. No approval PINs are required to receive the employee price.

The Plan will assist the Company with sell-down of 2005 model year inventory to make room for the 2006 models. Consequently, only 2005 Ford, Lincoln and-Mercury models (excluding Mustang, Escape Hybrid, the GT, and E-450/F-450 and above trucks) will be available. PAG and Mazda products are also excluded. '

Now there is no reason NOT to put Ford on your shopping list
Happy Shopping!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ford announces new discounts

My opinion...
These manufacturers are doing what is needed to push out some inventory, quickly...
BUT, what is it doing to the resale of all the trucks that we bought in the last year or so????
I got a good deal on my '04, but I'll be you can now go and buy a new '05 for less than what I'd want to sell my '04 for...

Phucking us is the way I look at it. Good thing I have alot of equity in my truck, or I'd be upside down if I tried to trade for new...

I think I'll keep my truck.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim G.
My opinion...
These manufacturers are doing what is needed to push out some inventory, quickly...
BUT, what is it doing to the resale of all the trucks that we bought in the last year or so????
I got a good deal on my '04, but I'll be you can now go and buy a new '05 for less than what I'd want to sell my '04 for...

Phucking us is the way I look at it. Good thing I have alot of equity in my truck, or I'd be upside down if I tried to trade for new...

I think I'll keep my truck.

yes you are right about resale. ..
at the auction prices (translates to the public) drop like a rock when programs are intro'd ...but it does move metal and increases market share for the respective mfgs...
as far as ur 'equity' comment...I not sure if that is the correct terminology

If the vehicle is still under factory warranty....maybe a factory extended service contract should be considered if your planning on keeping any product longer than warranty it may be an investment for later potential concerns especially if one tows quite a bit
Old 07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that 2007 is the redesign year for PSD's. There is a new 6.4 or 6.8 L engine due out. I think I'll hold onto mine for another 12 months.