Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Help w/ cruise cont. & air ride seats >

Help w/ cruise cont. & air ride seats

Notices

Help w/ cruise cont. & air ride seats

Old 03-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/ cruise cont. & air ride seats

we just bought a 1998 GMC Topkick to pull our 41 Apache. it has a Cat 3116. we are looking for a cruise control set up we can add to it. it has a bench seat & would like to move to air ride seats to smooth out the ride. anyone have any suggestions on where to find these things that would work on a Topkick? thanks, steve
Old 03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help w/ cruise cont. & air ride seats

98 should be computer electronic control. Easy way to check is if it has a throttle cable or not. All the trucks are pretty much pre wired for everything. My 2002 is that i drive for work. and we also have 2 99's i am not sure about 98. Remember its the same cab as a 88 to 99 C/K truck anything from the interior minus the instrument cluster off 88 to 94 will work. If you don't have a tilt wheel the whole steering colum needs disassembled to install the cruise switches. if you don't have interval windshield wipers they can be added as well. Change the switch and the circuit board in the wiper motor. Air ride seats are expensive. The GM medium duty cab takes a shorter air ride then a normal big rig. You Can use the Air ride section from big rigs passenger side that have the Heater/AC box under the passenger seat. I have added Quite a few things to my C6500 for work. If you need some more info send me a email.