Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Lost car found! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/144955-lost-car-found.html)

LubeJobs42 11-12-2006 08:17 PM

Lost car found!

3 Attachment(s)
Well, it's been a very interesting month! Here is the latest chapter. On Thursaday the driver called in and said he would be in Friday at 2:00. Since I was leaving at 9:00 my girlfriend and her sister stayed back to wait for the car and drie it to Key west for me. At 10:00 the driver called and said he was 220 miles away and would be in between 2 and 3. 3:00 no word. 4:00 no word. 5:00 he called he was 60 miles away, stuck in traffic because of an accident. 6:30 the dealership got a call with the truth! The drived had been in Fort Lauderdale all day. He put the car on his 2 car trailer. the trailer had a 4 inch high steel rod going down the middle of the entire trailer. The driver hit a bad dip in the road, the car bottomed out on the the rod and cracked the transmission. He brought it to a lambo shop in Fort Lauderdale, hoping fr a quick repair. At this point, I didn't believe the story and made my girlfriend go to the truck to see if there was even a car. She varified everything was true. She said she had tears in her eyes becuse the car was so beautiful. Obviously, I'm not taking the car, they have to find me another. Here we go again!!

LubeJobs42 11-12-2006 08:20 PM

Re: Lost car found!

2 Attachment(s)
More

GO4BROKE 11-12-2006 08:23 PM

Awsome car, lambos are my favorite. Ferrari's are sexy, Lambos are in-your-face hot. So with all the trouble you have in the marine world, you just feel the need to own the worlds most tempermental sports cars ? :D
I would too if I could. My Z06 vette is as close as I will come. Good luck in your search for another car. Can't you just have them install a new trans?

THEJOKER 11-12-2006 08:34 PM

I'm sure your girlfriend and her sister would drive it to KW for you , don't ya think something could happen there. I wouldn't let my GF drive my Toyota to KW.

LubeJobs42 11-12-2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
. Can't you just have them install a new trans?

No way. It's a 4 month old car with 310 miles. It will be on the cars history that it had a tranny replaced. It's got to hurt the value some what. They just have to find me another one. Who knows if anything else got hurt.

LubeJobs42 11-12-2006 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I'm sure your girlfriend and her sister would drive it to KW for you , don't ya think something could happen there. I wouldn't let my GF drive my Toyota to KW.

She has a CL600 that has only seen over 70 with me driving. I'm sure she would be driving with the hazzards on like Tom Cruise in Risky business when he got his dads car back from the dealer. Believe me, it would have been worth it!! ;) :D

hammer01 11-12-2006 08:46 PM

sorry to hear another chapter in gino's oh crap this can't happen to me again diary. i have been down this road before, not to this extent but can definitely empathize with you. on a good note, the photos of the shop it was at are pretty impressive, reminds me of "gone in 60 seconds". serious hardware in there. good luck gino, and please get the mti home in one piece with no complications.

BUIZILLA 11-12-2006 09:43 PM

so who's yellow car was that in KW this weekend?

Cash Bar 11-12-2006 09:53 PM

Bob Russell's.........

marineclean 11-12-2006 09:53 PM

:( Always keep your Happy Face! :drink: