Notices

Dodge Power Wagon

Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Power Wagon

Does anyone out there have a new Dodge Power Wagon? My brother is looking at one. He has a 2500 now with the Cummings and he is looking to add another one in his company and he likes the Power Wagon. What type of mileage should he expect with a 5.7 Hemi and 4:56 gears? I can't imagine very good but I think he knows that.

Thanks, Ben
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Default Re: Dodge Power Wagon

Have a home builder budy with one. Dont expect great mileage. I had an old full size bronco with 4.56 gears and 33's(same as powerwagon) and it was OK(mpg) around town. and quite peppy. At hwy speeds it was a little on the high RPM side, but managable. Great truck for 4wheelin. Standard winch, disconecting sway bar, and locking diffs why not get another diesel?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
why not get another diesel?
Thanks for the info and I think that he is weighing out the difference in mileage vs. cost per gals vs. extra cost for the cummings and I don't "think" the Power Wagon comes in a diesel, but I could be wrong. He is keeping one of his cummings Dodges he just looking at the new gas version as a third truck.

Ben
Old 01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

get ready to suck your wallet dry. it get **** for mpg. but there is no other stock truck that can follow it off road, it is mean . if they ever wake up and put a ctd under the hood . i'll buy one in a heart beat . till then i'll keep my cummins .
Old 02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I would rather have a cummins with air or electric lockers.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My neighbor just got run today. Nice truck. It is getting about 12mpg right now around town. He hasn't been on the highway yet so we are not sure about mpg on the highway. He traded in a 2500 chevy with the 6.0 so I don't think there is going to be a big difference in mpg. Very nice truck though.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here's a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails Dodge Power Wagon-05-powerwagon-001.jpg   Dodge Power Wagon-05-powerwagon-004.jpg   Dodge Power Wagon-05-powerwagon-002.jpg  

Old 02-20-2007, 08:27 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
What's a reman 5.9 Cummins worth? I would get the red PW like in Sea-Dated's pics and do the swap. There was some tricky electrical stuff in that swap I saw but they overcame it.
about $4500...depending on year. From what I understand the auto trans that comes behind a hemi PW isnt the same as the one comes behind a cummins. You will have quite a swap ahead of you. Much easier to buy a cummins truck and add some air or electric lockers to the diffs....much stronger too.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

Update: My brother just ordered a 2008 F-350 Powerstroke. He figured the mileage would kill him, as he does need to pull trailers sometimes too.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered
VIP Member

From what I have been told by a guy who has a new one....the mileage in the new twin turbo ford is not much different. 11.4mpg empty and 7.5mpg loaded.

Quick Reply: Dodge Power Wagon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.