Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   New Myco for my Cig (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/158766-new-myco-my-cig.html)

BillR 05-21-2007 07:25 AM

New Myco for my Cig

2 Attachment(s)
Just got my new Aluminum Myco for my TG. Took about 6 weeks to build.
Should tow nice w/ torsion springs vs leaf sping on my old steel Myco.

Question: How do you keep the aluminium looking nice. I tried to polish about a 4 foot section with Speedy Metal polish and Frenzy Shark Tower, but made more of a mess than any progress. Tried w/ a Mothers Powerball and by hand. . . . . .?

Tony Montana 05-21-2007 08:00 AM

Sweet rig!:cool:

bobkatz 05-21-2007 08:33 AM

That boat is a twin step, you can't have one continuous bunk, it will catch on the step when you try to load and unload it. The other reason is for a place to put the slings around the boat to lift it off and on the trailer. Myco puts a lot of thought into their trailers, besure that the trailer is perfectly level to keep the load the same on all the axles, unlike the leaf spring type they don't distribute the load the same way. Great looking trailer, it should tow very nice.

ywait 05-21-2007 08:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
You will love that trailer. I have had mine for 2 years and pulled my gun across I-10 from Fl to Az. @ 75 mph it tracks perfectly behind my truck. The electric over hydraulic brake controller and brakes on all three of my axles makes braking safe and confident with a 11,000+ pound boat riding on top. I have never had to do anything to keep the finish looking like knew other than wash it down when the boat gets washed. Congrats and enjoy it!

OSO 05-21-2007 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by BillR (Post 2134650)
Just got my new Aluminum Myco for my TG. Took about 6 weeks to build.
Should tow nice w/ torsion springs vs leaf sping on my old steel Myco.

Question: How do you keep the aluminium looking nice. I tried to polish about a 4 foot section with Speedy Metal polish and Frenzy Shark Tower, but made more of a mess than any progress. Tried w/ a Mothers Powerball and by hand. . . . . .?

you use liquid aluminum cleaner (acid)

I will get you the name off the bottle, just don't over do it or it or it will "white out"

Byrdman 05-21-2007 11:07 AM

I would like the to know how you white it out??...like doing it to many times...leaving it sit on to long..

handfulz28 05-21-2007 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by OSO (Post 2134765)
you use liquid aluminum cleaner (acid)

I will get you the name off the bottle, just don't over do it or it or it will "white out"

Steve, will you share it here please?

offshoredrillin 05-21-2007 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
mine rides like a dream, you'll love it Bill.

Jupiter Sunsation 05-21-2007 11:48 AM

Best way to keep it clean is not to get it wet! Don't laugh I know a guy with a 4 year old trailer that has never been dunked. He gets boat lifted on/off rather than getting trailer wet!

BillR 05-21-2007 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2134967)
Best way to keep it clean is not to get it wet! Don't laugh I know a guy with a 4 year old trailer that has never been dunked. He gets boat lifted on/off rather than getting trailer wet!

I did exactly that w/ my steel Myco. Didn't want that sucker to rust!