Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax? >

4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?

Notices

4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?

Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to give a testimony to my Titan because it did easily what everyone else barely could do with their trucks Sat...........It pulled the boat out!!! I was at the ramp in the Canvaveral Inlet by Grill's restaurant and I took the far right lane which is actually steeper than the rest. It was low tide and the ramp was very slick. The tiki bar deck becomes grandstands for spectators watching the horror before them of truck after truck after truck were doing some of the best uphill burnouts I've ever seen. Burnouts trying to pull 25' CC's even. I'm on the ramp right next to the deck and when I was loaded up (front row for the crowd), I just eased it out and only twice did a tire crack loose for a fraction of a second. It did not break into a spinout at all, so up and out I, along with 7500lbs went..................in 2wd!!!! (it's a 4x4) I thought it was pretty cool, even got an applause for loading my boat (something else people were having a problem with that day and it's only me doing all this with a POS trailer without forward bunks, just that dam white V bar)

I don't think I'll ever go bigger on the boat, so I won't be buying a diesel anytime soon..............But those F450's look o so cooool!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not a redneck!
Attached Thumbnails 4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?-hailee-roosevelt-06-020.jpg   4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?-apache-lake-080.jpg  
Old 08-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The titan is basically a half ton truck period. It is very impressive for that simple reason. This is an apples and oranges comparison. I seriously doubt you could even get a stripped down duramax for $5000 more than what you can get a titan for now.
That being said, it's hard to beat the duramax/allison combo. But for the money/performance it's hard to beat a Titan.

P.S. If you want a titan pm me and I can get you the friends and family discount.

P.S.S. Brydman, take chill pill you jap hating bastid ,LOL!!!