Notices

Ultimate Bunk Boards

Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Bunk Boards

Hello all, I just purchased some Ultimate Bunk Boards online. These are the composite boards, and they look real nice, and wondering if any of you had any complaints with them. I have a 21ft cuddy cabin, and are hoping they are strong enough for it. Any comments or reviews on these would be helpful before I put them on my trailer!
Thanks!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tell me more about them, do you still put carpet on them?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Registered

No Carpet, and does not rot, thats what sold me on them. Go to their website- www.ultimatebunkboards.com, and check it out. Lots of testimonials on it.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RELEASE THE BOW HOOK UNTIL THE BOAT IS BASICALLY IN THE WATER!!!!! These things are slippery as goose sh!t , especially when wet. I have seen a guy with a jet ski drop it 30 feet from the water just coming near the ramp. And make sure you tie down the back because I suspect they will let the boat slide sideways too.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Registered

Installed the bunk boards earlier in the week, and they work Great! Much easier loading and off-loading. I have no complaints with them yet. Don't know how they work with Anti-fouling paint on the bottom of a boat hull, but for fiberglass, I am impressed with them. Now just to see how they hold up!
Thanks guys!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Registered

The website for the bunk boards say they are great for boat lifts. I don't know about keeping it at an angle though, as these things are pretty slick. If you had a way to connect a bow hook, like a trailer, I don't see why they should not work.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They look like there made out of some kind of hard plastic, or teflon?.. Thinking it might scratch the bottom when loading compared to carpet?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
They look like there made out of some kind of hard plastic, or teflon?.. Thinking it might scratch the bottom when loading compared to carpet?
Poly-Lift has been using something similar on their lifts for years now with no scratching or marring. I know a few people who have them and have looked myself because I thought the same thing. They are just slick enough that on a lift, the boat will slide a little to center itself and they never have to be messed with. No carpet to replace or wood to rot. They are nice.

http://www.polylift.com/index.htm
Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Poly-Lift has been using something similar on their lifts for years now with no scratching or marring. I know a few people who have them and have looked myself because I thought the same thing. They are just slick enough that on a lift, the boat will slide a little to center itself and they never have to be messed with. No carpet to replace or wood to rot. They are nice.

http://www.polylift.com/index.htm
But on a trailer if you power load some I bet the hard material will scratch it. Hell the carpet even scratches it a little.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

the man is hard to get a call back from what a pain

Quick Reply: Ultimate Bunk Boards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.