Notices

Myco Trailer Eating Tires

Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myco Trailer Eating Tires

Long Time Reader - First Time Post

I just bought a 29' Fever and the tandem Myco that it arrived on appears to be way out of alignment. The insides of both the port rear tire and the starboard front are chopped so bad they have corners. I have to get new tires but don't want them to resemble stop signs in 200 miles so I wanted to get it aligned, but Don @ Myco said that I should replace both axle assemblies. Has anyone ever seen stuff like this or had to replace both axles on a Myco, because right now I am "Pulling it in style" just not straight. If I need to replace the axles, should I order another set of drum brakes so I have dual drums with the new axles, or should i go all out and order two new axles with two sets of discs?? I am pulling with 03 Dodge 2500 Hemi 4x4 (8800 GVRW) and it stops okay, just not great. Any insight from experience would be helpful.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go disc if possible. You might have to change a fitting on the mastercylinder also. Then you will have to make sure you wire in your backup lights to the trailer plug so you can backup. All and all well worth the change over.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would go disc also. Make sure that you have the correct orific in the rear of your brake master. There is also a valve that some times needs to be removed in the brake master. The drums hold preasure on the pads all the time were if this happens with disc you will burn up the pads. Not a big deal at all. You can check out Champion trailers they have all the info on there.