Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   custom choppers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/168039-custom-choppers.html)

puder 09-06-2007 03:40 AM

custom choppers?

1 Attachment(s)
anybody here into them?

anyone ever heard of the biulder "Motorcity Mean Machine" ??? Any idea what the thing is worth? it's a 2005 "Instigato" with 112 miles on it.

Any good sites or mags to buy and sell them?

thanks,
brendan

ducktail 09-06-2007 04:22 AM

There is a forum for American Chopper, a TV show, very funny, I like to watch the guys when they try to find solutions for their tasks in their garage. Dont know whether that helps.

http://www.tv.com/american-chopper/s...94/forums.html

ducktail 09-06-2007 04:43 AM

Seems to be one of these?

http://www.mccullochracinginc.com/mean_machine.php

kennyo 09-06-2007 07:38 AM

That's a hardtail, S&S motor with spoke wheels. It wouldn't bring 16,500 on ebay. I wouldn't pay much more if any over that. It's also a lsd and a cast (Not polished engine).

kennyo 09-06-2007 07:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a Big Bear Venom chopper the guy wants $21500 for( hell of a deal) and here's my SMW Godfather i'll take $18k for it. These are highly upgraded bikes. The market is very soft and things aren't selling for what they did 2 yrs ago.

OL40SVX 09-06-2007 07:57 AM

www.pattencycles.com

BajaFresh 09-06-2007 09:18 AM

The custom bike market is in the toilet right now, probably worse than boats!:eek:

The market is flooded with them and everybody and their brothers got into building bikes over the last several years. Pretty easy to do a 1-800-build-a-bike these days. A lot of them are slapped together and build quality is not great. And with big inch motors in rigid frames, they shake apart. Plus it doesn't help that a lot of guys spend a bunch of money on them and then ride them HARD like the were a stock Honda or something without any maintenance or attention.

This looks like a nice bike but value varies depending on who's frame, motor (& size), trans, etc. I never heard of "Motorcity Mean Machine" but like I said, a lot of builders out there now. Rigid frames is fine for young guys riding around town only. You'll get tired of it on a long ride.

Insurance is higher on a custom and it will be registered as a "special contruction", not an HD.

dreamer 09-06-2007 09:36 AM

hey puder give me a call maybe testing with r sport in a couple of weeks.... u wanna try a real car?

same car same track same day........

challenge extended..............

challenge accepted?

texaschopper 09-06-2007 10:02 AM

The three bikes you have pictures of are all pretty different. The first one is a chopper the second and third appear to be more of a pro stock style. The first one is also a hardtail, the others soft. I personally would stay away from the first one. I have never heard of them, and most likely, what they describe as "custom bike" is really nothing more then a bunch of peices they bought from the J&P Catalog and put it togther. Big Bear...nice bikes and they make much of their own parts, so I would call that custom. As far as what they are worth...it's really tough to put a value on these bikes where someone started a "custom bike shop" and started putting together bikes in their garage. My suggestion.... go look at American Ironhorse and/or Big Dog. (not sure about Big Bear) These bikes are listed in NADA so you can get a true value. They also manufactor many bikes each year so you are not going to have to deal with the possibility of it breaking all the time. good luck!!!

WILD 1 09-06-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by texaschopper (Post 2261109)
The three bikes you have pictures of are all pretty different. The first one is a chopper the second and third appear to be more of a pro stock style. The first one is also a hardtail, the others soft. I personally would stay away from the first one. I have never heard of them, and most likely, what they describe as "custom bike" is really nothing more then a bunch of peices they bought from the J&P Catalog and put it togther. Big Bear...nice bikes and they make much of their own parts, so I would call that custom. As far as what they are worth...it's really tough to put a value on these bikes where someone started a "custom bike shop" and started putting together bikes in their garage. My suggestion.... go look at American Ironhorse and/or Big Dog. (not sure about Big Bear) These bikes are listed in NADA so you can get a true value. They also manufactor many bikes each year so you are not going to have to deal with the possibility of it breaking all the time. good luck!!!

WELL SAID!!! WE SOLD IRON HORSE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. TOOK ALL KINDA "CUSTOMS" IN TRADE(BIG MISTAKE). ANYONE WITH BASIC SKILLS CAN CATALOG ORDER A FRAME, MOTOR, TRAS, AND WHEELS. THIS KILLED THE MARKET FOR US. THAT BEING SAID, IT'S HARD TO BEAT AN AMERICAN IRON HORSE FOR OVERALL QUALITY IN THAT MARKET.

P.S. ANYONE INTRESTED IN AN OCC HARD TAIL PM ME