Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Whoops!!! F350 can't pull out 26' CC!!!! Sinks >

Whoops!!! F350 can't pull out 26' CC!!!! Sinks

Notices

Whoops!!! F350 can't pull out 26' CC!!!! Sinks

Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whoops!!! F350 can't pull out 26' CC!!!! Sinks

http://www.wftv.com/news/14411381/de...=orlc&psp=news

Link to video and pics is on page

Boat is a 26' Proline, at most (full of fuel, trailer included) it weighs about 7000, but he's coming out so it's much lighter. I've seen the guy out before. VERY nice truck(or it was...). But I guess something went wrong and it went in!!! And that is not a steep ramp and it's not affected by tides because it's on the intracoastal side of the Canveral Locks, so no exposed algae and such.

The moral of the story is that some around here are SOOOOO quick to pounce when a Nissan or Toyota gets so much as a flat tire. Well here's a "big, bad" F350 that's screwed because something broke or failed when it shouldn't have at the worst time to fail. The fact is ANYTHING can happen at ANYTIME to ANYONE driving ANYTHING!!! Hopefully Ford/insurance will take care of things so he can get back out on the water soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
...The moral of the story is that some around here are SOOOOO quick to pounce when a Nissan or Toyota gets so much as a flat tire.
The moral of the story is that the poor guy lost his cool Ford and we feel sorry for him. If he had been driving a Nissan or Toyota we would be saying that he got what he deserved!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More Ford garbage
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

looks like an insurance job to me!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by EightSecv6
looks like an insurance job to me!
Bingo we have a winner...................................

Same thing happened in Daytona to a HD F250 backing a 33 Scarab into the water earlier this year.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UNSANE, I hope your not serious. Toyota does not make a truck yet that the Ford F350 can't pull up a ramp sideways. And why is it always the Jap crap against the Ford and Chevys with you guys.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The toyotas and Nissans get jumped on because they're zipperhead $hitboxes.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
UNSANE, I hope your not serious. Toyota does not make a truck yet that the Ford F350 can't pull up a ramp sideways. And why is it always the Jap crap against the Ford and Chevys with you guys.
No, I am not being serious. The title is definitely sarcastic. I have long been a Ford guy, but I was far more impressed by the Titan than the F150 when I was shopping. If I had been diesel shopping, I probably would have settled on an F250. It's hard for me to find a truck I DON'T like.

But in no way shape or form will I ever compare any gas engine to a diesel. I have nothing against the Big 3. But based upon my experiences, I won't buy one (mainly a car) for a while until they can get their relabilty issues sorted out and based upon a recent Consumer Reports, they are or at least Ford is. I chose the Titan over an F150 because it had a much larger cab and much more low-end grunt on the motor. It was a tough choice because I really loved that King Ranch edition so much, I would have moved into the truck!

I see threads/post on here all the time with someone starting the whole Japanese thing again. I have yet to see anyone ever "insult" an "American made" vehicle here for the sake of being American aka.........start stuff.... Usually someone wants to re-live WWII and blame the Asians for all that is wrong with the big 3 and their sales problems, when the fact of the matter is that both Nissan and Toyota are employing a lot of people here in this county. People in former ghost towns that have good jobs and something to be proud of now that didn't before. So when you're attacking the name of Toyota or Nissan, you're attacking the people who build and designed them. (their designers were American as well)

There are some here with some very high dollar Mercedes and Porches and Beamers. If I wanted to live in the past, I would attack those people for buying "Nazi-mobiles". But they have nothing to do today with what happened 60 years ago. What if Mercedes built and marketed a 1/2 truck here in the states? How would you react? Would it be ok because Germans are white like us??? Think about it...

Seriously, I'm glad they got out of the truck before it took them with it, I hope everything gets solved and repaired. We'll find out if it was insurance fraud, but the boat is fine, only the truck is screwed. And that was a beautiful truck, something to be proud of. I've seen him out on the water before and hope he gets back there soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

I drive a Harley Davidson Edition like the one in the news and pull my Top Gun out of the water all the time . The Diesel has great pulling power . I would like to know what mechanical problem he had . Anything can break and usually does at the worst of times but something seems a little fishy to me here.
Attached Thumbnails Whoops!!! F350 can't pull out 26' CC!!!! Sinks-super-duty-top-gun.jpg  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

That had to be done on purpose, or serious driver neglect.

If it was a standard trani, and the truck killed, the truck would have been pulled backward until the boat hit the water, then the truck could have stopped itself with the parking brake.

The weight of the boat would have stopped pulling the truck when it hit the water.

If it was an auto, there would be no reason for it to kill while pulling out the boat, and if it did, the parking brake should have stopped it when the boat hit the water.

I used to have a standard trani, and still could launch a boat. Parking brake to floor, trani in first, ride clutch until engine lugs on brake, pop the brake, and out she goes!!

Quick Reply: Whoops!!! F350 can't pull out 26' CC!!!! Sinks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.