Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Myco Trailer - socket to fit lug >

Myco Trailer - socket to fit lug

Notices

Myco Trailer - socket to fit lug

Old 10-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Myco Trailer - socket to fit lug

My myco lugs are almost the same size as the hole in the rim, is there a special thin wall socket made for these, I have 3 deap well socket sets and none of the sockets will fit inside the hole and go over the lug.

Help

Wild
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Do you have a Harbor Freight Tools closeby? This is where I found sockets to fit mine. They have some thin wall sets, and an impact set that has plastic sleeves over them. If you remove the plastic sleeves, the socket slips right in the hole.

I've had the the same issue on the boat trailer, my old truck's custom wheels, and my car's custom wheels too; so I have sets that fit in each vehicle, along with breaker bars.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought mine at Advance auto or some consumer oriented autoparts store.

One thing to consider: Some deep sockets only have the ID hex milled a short distance from the end. If you have a decorative cap on the end of your lug nut, it may prevent the socket from fully engaging the hex sides of the nut.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:21 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Dam all the money Myco gets for the trailer you would think they could give a socket that would fit
Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a Craftsman deepwell socket. The impact sockets are too thick to fit in the bore.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up a couple of them at Summit Racing. I have the same problem with my Weld's They're impact-rated and work well. Can't remember if they're Gorilla or McGard brand. I'd look but the Ex isn't here and it's in the glovebox.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep one in the truck , need a deep thin wall 12 point socket.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Do you have a Harbor Freight Tools closeby? This is where I found sockets to fit mine. They have some thin wall sets, and an impact set that has plastic sleeves over them. If you remove the plastic sleeves, the socket slips right in the hole.

I've had the the same issue on the boat trailer, my old truck's custom wheels, and my car's custom wheels too; so I have sets that fit in each vehicle, along with breaker bars.
how did you get that sleeve off, i got a set but the sleeve keeps it from going in.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Keep it simple.... Use a 13/16 plug socket...You can will always find one in the back of my truck..

BTW, did you get my voice MSG?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Keep it simple.... Use a 13/16 plug socket...You can will always find one in the back of my truck..

BTW, did you get my voice MSG?
yep, i will try to fax it monday or bring it with me. I am leaving monday morning with the boat and trailer

Quick Reply: Myco Trailer - socket to fit lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.