Notices

Toyota Diesel dually !!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
Cat already sponsors toyota in nascar... i still wouldn't be surprised to see a Cat in the production version...
I believe that may have been on the boards but with Toyota buying the piece of Isuzu recently, I'll bet those plans have changed. That would be much easier for them to work with Isuzu as the Japanese companies typically share technology and it would be vertically integrated for them.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:09 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob
I believe that may have been on the boards but with Toyota buying the piece of Isuzu recently, I'll bet those plans have changed. That would be much easier for them to work with Isuzu as the Japanese companies typically share technology and it would be vertically integrated for them.
i bet that would make GM happy..
Old 11-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Last I heard, cat was in not position to make a small truck engine. They don't want to, or need to get into a different market. The C7 is the smallest they make, and its in medium duty trucks and busses.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about engines going into a Toyota. This Tundra Dually is a prototype, nothing more. Japanese engines have always been incredibly reliable (I ran a Toyota 345K miles on nothing more than scheduled maintenance, and it ran fine when I sold it).
If they decide to market this idea, they'll put something in there that will both sell and last. Both Isuzu and Hino have been making diesel engines for a VERY long time. I know of 3 diesel Hino trucks at a family friend's lumber yard/sawmill in Canada that all have over a million tough miles on them and are still trucking and quite reliable.
A CAT in one of those would sure be nice though, but they're going to have to step up to the plate and put it in a new design considerably larger and more robust than a Tundra to convert any American truck owners.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jafo
Sorry, but I'll continue to give ANYTHING that 'look' if its quality surpasses another. It's my money, and I'm not going to buy a piece of crap just to keep someone employed who has no intention of going to work in the morning other than to receive a paycheck! If a company builds crap, I'm going to recognize it, and simply won't buy it. I'm not going to give 'strong' support to the Big 3 or anyone else if all they have to offer is an inferior product. The Unions have a big hand in this! Loyalty has its limits- give me something in return, and I may come back!

Here is a quote from the Consumer Reports web site.

Reliability trends
Our latest survey tracks a decade’s worth of trouble

"Over the years, the reliability of Toyota-built vehicles (including Lexus and Scion) has been nothing short of sterling. However, our 2007 Annual Car Reliability Survey indicates that the Japanese automaker has slipped a bit. Three models manufactured by Toyota, including a version of the top-selling Camry, now rate below average in our predicted reliability.
By contrast, Ford's domestic makes have made considerable improvements in reliability. Of the Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury models in our survey, 93 percent scored average or better in predicted reliability."

Or take a look at these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-jW-jkFX5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfvOPAUIgw
Old 11-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by jdnca1
Sounds like Toyota seriously considered going with a Cat engine....Could you imagine the reaction if they'd have done that..... I think they made a mistake by not doing it...all those guys with their Cat belt buckles, etc would not know what to do...
If they put a Cat in it, I wood be intrested. (pun intended ) Doug
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

GM's quality is great now. I just got an 07 diesel dually GMC and it is the best truck I've ever owned. Quiet, smooth, great stereo, comfortable leather interior and it tow's my Black Thunder like there's nothing back there. The only people that think Toyota makes a better truck are people who haven't driven a new GM truck.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

what part of toy in toyato do you not understand . still a toy not a real truck . dodge ford enought said .
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
GM's quality is great now. I just got an 07 diesel dually GMC and it is the best truck I've ever owned. Quiet, smooth, great stereo, comfortable leather interior and it tow's my Black Thunder like there's nothing back there. The only people that think Toyota makes a better truck are people who haven't driven a new GM truck.
no thinks. i like what i have dodge 2500 4x4 cummins .
Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered

Isnt that a 3 foot bed on the Toyota?My dirt bike would hang off the back.

Quick Reply: Toyota Diesel dually !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.