'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Per Autoweek 300 HP and 600 FT LBS torque
Old 11-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

if you build it...they will come................and buy it!
cool looking rig...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those HP and TQ numbers sound low...I mean an 8.0 lite straight 6??? I say 450 HP and 700 ft lbs TQ, this is a medium to heavy duty engine, it could be turned into a major stump puller with a chip, exhaust, intake and maybe stack a programmer. Now we are at 1000 lbs TQ. I had heard CAT was looking at this too, now that would tear the heart out of Chevy..no more heartbeat, and Ford would have a stroke and die. The Cummins is only 6.7 and it can rip the other two in half....and I do drive a 7.3 PSD Excursion with a programmer and intake, so I am not a Dodge owner but I still think the Cummins is the top of the big 3. This is a concept now but could be built fast, notice the Chevy mirrors a la Ford SD. It took Chevy 7 years to come up with a mirror you could use. I guess it never really mattered, there was never anyone in their rear view mirror.....they were all out in front!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Wonder if Toyota can do a "knock off" of the GM Allison? Basically their other trans are GM knock offs. That would be nice!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

United States and Canadian Auto makers are f........ only if you buy the imports. Remember God Bless America and O Canada. November 11th is not far away Remembrance Day in Honor of our War Vet's and remember Labour Day before you buy an import which is putting American and Canadian Auto worker's out of work and that affects the boating market as well. No work, no boat buying by American and Canadian Auto Workers. Mercury outboard engines will be next to go with Honda entering the market. Ford, GM or Chrysler for me and my family members like our grandfathers, fathers, mother's, brother's, sister's and have built over the decades. It's called Loyalty.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Ford, GM or Chrysler for me and my family members like our grandfathers, fathers, mother's, brother's, sister's and have built over the decades. It's called Loyalty.
I'm as loyal as I can be to North American products, but I'm an inspector by trade, and am VERY quality driven in my purchases.
We've dominated the truck market forever, but it's always within the realm of possibility that the Big 3 could be taken down if they continue to go down the path that cost them the passenger car market. The Big 3 employee's demands of off-the-scale wages, union dependence, and lack of attention to detail in the manufacturing processes has already shown a big impact on their ability to remain competitive.
American SUV and truck buyers still think bigger is better; bigger axles, bigger frames, bigger everything. Once the Japanese get their wheelbase and track up to the size of the American trucks and forget about this mid-size crap they've been building for decades, the Big 3 will be in trouble. Their engine building has always been impeccable, and if they complete the package, i.e. building 3/4 and 1 ton offerings (something they've never done), I would not hesitate to give them a look, loyalties or not.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:58 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toyota bought out GM's share in the Izuzu (duramax) diesel. GM is making their own now. What do you think Toyota will do with the dmax?

pat W
Old 11-03-2007, 05:51 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Duramax I believe was a GMICT driven project? Definetly driven off of the Izuzu engine. I am also wondering what is up with that. Understand Izuzu is in just a little bit of trouble financially here? Word is that there are several Izuzu managers heading this way from Japan and staff is being cut? With ITEC getting in bed with GM MD, possibly a smaller ITEC engine for GM?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the Tundra built in the USA or Japan?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Is the Tundra built in the USA or Japan?
USA. In Texas or Indiana, depending on the model

Quick Reply: Toyota Diesel dually !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.