Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
The New Tundra, Shaken not stirred please. >

The New Tundra, Shaken not stirred please.

Notices

The New Tundra, Shaken not stirred please.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I own a Chevy.....but Chevy should to take notes from Toyota on their Tundra Extra Cab...... The Chevy Crew cabs have no room in the back seat and neither does my Suburban compared to some of the competition....
Hmmm...curious about the room in the backseat of your Suburban! What has more room? Been awhile since I had a bench in the back though. Mine has the captains chairs and I have friends in the upper 6 ft range that are comfortable back there!
Old 12-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

The cams breaking were limited to a few serial numbers. From my gatherings toyota has corrected these issues on the models that were in the deal, they were replaced with new engines, even the ones that were still running and had not had any issues. I don't really like the looks of any of the new trucks to be honest with you. I however will stay in the lines of a ford or dodge diesels from here on out for work trucks. I don't even think we'll mess with any more d-maxs after this year, cummins is the way to go.There is no doubt the toyota is probably a nice truck, but with the weight we tow and abuse they catch as a farm truck, the toyota wouldn't be able to produce, but then again....its really not designed to as well. Good light duty truck though.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
All I noticed for sure is the Tundra was an EXTRA CAB and the Ford and Chevy were crews.

As a 3 time F-150 owner I can tell you straight up that my Tundra is twice the truck they were with better mileage AND more power.

I have the CrewMax version.
test have shown different fuel mileage was worst in the toyota.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pachanga
I'm with ya! Ya won't find any oriental sh*t sittin in my driveway! Not that they don't make some good vehicles...I just don't want ta learn ta speak their language. That's what will happen if American's don't wake up. All oif the world is buying bits and pieces of America. H! A Dubai(Arab) business group just bought a pretty good size chunk of one of our major banks. Wake Up America or we won't be America for long.
good read
Old 12-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jryan26
I was in a new Tundra all weekend hunting, and the ride was very good. The dash did shake so bad we thought it was falling out though. Both new Tundras there had the dash issue. The Tundra was quite a bit faster than a new f150.
with what motors
Old 12-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by pachanga
Hmmm...curious about the room in the backseat of your Suburban! What has more room? Been awhile since I had a bench in the back though. Mine has the captains chairs and I have friends in the upper 6 ft range that are comfortable back there!
Maybe the captains have more room but the bench is tight. 6 ft can fit but limited leg room......gotta turn to the side to tie the shoe laces....

Also, the rear door is to small....
Old 12-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Maybe the captains have more room but the bench is tight. 6 ft can fit but limited leg room......gotta turn to the side to tie the shoe laces....

Also, the rear door is to small....
Go find yourself a good Excursion diesel then. A Suburban fits inside of one-I carry one around in the back of mine for the kids to use....
Old 12-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jafo
Go find yourself a good Excursion diesel then. A Suburban fits inside of one-I carry one around in the back of mine for the kids to use....
It test drove a Ex. (Eddie Bauer) before I bought the Burban (LT).. Although the Ex. was cavernous I couldn't stand the harsh ride, crappy turning radius and didn't like having a flying projectile (spare tire) in the cargo area of the truck... Maybe they've updated that since...
Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Does anyone know if Toyota fixed the problem they had with camshafts breaking on the new 381hp motor? I heard some rumblings about that on ls1tech.com...

I'm also not sure if the sales guys at Toyota are telling their Tundra customers with that motor about their pricey 30k mi service... Heard it costs roughly $1000... ???
What is the service that has to be done at 30K ?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered

It test drove a Ex. (Eddie Bauer) before I bought the Burban (LT).. Although the Ex. was cavernous I couldn't stand the harsh ride, crappy turning radius and didn't like having a flying projectile (spare tire) in the cargo area of the truck... Maybe they've updated that since...
I'll add to that...an Excursion probably eats at least 50% more gas! My sister has an Expedition...not only will my little ole 327 run circles around it...it also gets much better fuel economy!(LOL it's bigger and roomier too!)

In a pickup truck...Ford is the only way to go in my opinion...SUV Chevies Rule!

Quick Reply: The New Tundra, Shaken not stirred please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.