Notices

Carlise trailer tires?

Old 11-16-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I don't think a lightweight aluminum Airsteam breadbox is any comparison here....
10,000-pound-plus aluminum breadbox. They're no tin cans- they're full of wood cabinets, panelling, water & waste systems, appliances, generators tanks, etc.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:31 PM

If you don't match load range properly, you'll definitely have problems. I've seen plenty of tires on trucks & trailers that were a grade or two below requirement. If you buy Marathons in D rating, your likelihood of having issues is slim. If you put C's on it, you're inviting trouble. Unlike many things, tire's don't have much of an "overhead factor" built into them. They'll usually perform up to their weight and a little more, but not much.

The BIG reason that quality tires fail is under-inflation and over-speed. The difference between 55 and 65 PSI and the difference between 65 MPH and 70 MPH mkes all the difference when it comes to tire failure. I wouldn't consider moving my trailer without hitting each tire with a gauge. Every one of my service guys checks tire pressure every day in every truck & trailer and I haven't lost a single tire in 8 years.

If you've got a big boat and 8-lugs, this is the tire to have- load range G. The RST's last forever.

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/products/g614rst.html
Old 11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aways ran Marathons with no problems. A buddy blew 2 Carlises in 1 weekend on a correctly rated trailer/tire combo. Carlisle did pay for the replacement of both trailer fenders and new tires.
My brother has a Carlisle right now with the thread bulging out away from the belts. Another mile on the road and it's be part of the pavement.

On another boating board, many guys are claiming no problem with Carlisles. And those that did, were directed to Goodyear which makes Carlisle. I don't know if that true.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-16-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have six myco trailers on thr road averaging 1500 miles a week. i use maxxis bravo,s at 80 psi and hi-run tires at 110psi. this is just what we use. remember to always check your air pressure.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Carlisle tires are made in China, I was surprized, but have not had any problems with them on our fifthwheel.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
I had tread seperation on a Carlisle tire that had 1,800 miles....thankfully it happened when I was almost home and it was only a 21 ft boat on a tandem. I'll NEVER have them again!!!
THanks guys I will check this RV thing.

My tire had about 200 miles on it when it blew.
Replaced two rears the same time. I thought I better be safe and get new tires. Yeah right.. what a f. ing BS.
I should have kept the old once.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Chris. I just had all six tires inflated to 80 PSI before I left to Miami. THe Carlise that blew was "D" rated.
I bought the damn Carlises to match the rest. Trailer totalled, boat damage is about $50,000+ , truck near $9,000 and I lost a decade of my lifespan. (I hope not)
I think China should blow up, not tires.
Attorneys should have a field day with this I hope, I just don't have the nerves for all the legal BS.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:27 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Thanks Chris. I just had all six tires inflated to 80 PSI before I left to Miami. THe Carlise that blew was "D" rated.
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a 80 psi rating on ANY *D* rated tire on this planet.... D rated are 65 psi... it's easy to see why it blew, your attorney's may turn on you...
Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 PM

65 on a D rated Marathon. Goodyear approves +10 PSI for speeds over 65 and up to 75 MPH. 80PSI isn't advisable but within the design limitation of the tire.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

i have found the tires get less heat buildup at 80psi.

Quick Reply: Carlise trailer tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.