Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Carlise trailer tires? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/173366-carlise-trailer-tires.html)

PARADOX 11-16-2007 01:42 AM

Carlise trailer tires?

Any one with info on Carlise class "D" tires? Defective? any previous recalls? problems? I heard some stories about Carlise already and my new tire blew. I need some help for possible legal action against Carlise. (due to boat/car demage)
Thx
P

buck183 11-16-2007 02:21 AM

Might search this topic on different RV forums. You will get a LOT of feedback from them. Can't count how many threads I've seen on this over the years in various forums.

Buck

Chris Sunkin 11-16-2007 06:02 AM

Yeah. The RV guys make us look casual about boating. They're hardcore.

Any tire campaign would be coordinated through the NTSB. All tires are now registered to the owners (or are suposed to be) Check with them.

PJDiesel 11-16-2007 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2337616)
Yeah. The RV guys make us look casual about boating. They're hardcore.

That's an understatement!

Check out www.rv.net a quick search will give you more reading than you can handle.

I've personally read probably 20 or so horror stories about wicked blowout & tread separation.

t500hps 11-16-2007 07:10 AM

I had tread seperation on a Carlisle tire that had 1,800 miles....thankfully it happened when I was almost home and it was only a 21 ft boat on a tandem. I'll NEVER have them again!!!

obnoxus 11-16-2007 10:11 AM

They are definatly fender eaters !!!!!

Knot 4 Me 11-16-2007 10:16 AM

If I had a trailer with Carlisles I would immediately replace them with Goodyears. They blow more than Mona on bargain night...

Chris Sunkin 11-16-2007 12:34 PM

Marathons are a no-brainer. One of my customers is Airstream- I was in their Ohio factory last week. They had a few thousand Marathons in their warehouse. The guy I was with told me that's the only tire ever put on an Airstream and the only tire that ever will. Good enough for them, good enough for me.

BUIZILLA 11-16-2007 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2338036)
Marathons are a no-brainer. One of my customers is Airstream- I was in their Ohio factory last week. They had a few thousand Marathons in their warehouse. The guy I was with told me that's the only tire ever put on an Airstream and the only tire that ever will. Good enough for them, good enough for me.

I don't think a lightweight aluminum Airsteam breadbox is any comparison here....

never enuff 11-16-2007 03:01 PM

I think you will find people that have had trouble with both brands. The best tires are the heavy duty industrial strength 10 ply which come only in limited sizes(usually 16") and won't fit a lot of trailer applications. IMO both Marathons and Carlisle are junk--Ive had trouble with both, just less with Marathons which I am now using. If you look closely at them(stamped on the tire) you'll find the new ones are manufactured in China.
Jay