Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
'02 Duramax injectors, best price??? >

'02 Duramax injectors, best price???

Notices

'02 Duramax injectors, best price???

Old 07-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MINK
That's a lot of contamination if it truely is that over full with fuel, hasnt shown any signs before?

The only injectors I will put in a dmax are Exergys
That was my concern also, talking with Engineered Diesel today, and he stated at
2,500 psi per injector it doesn't take long.

Any insight or pricing on the injectors your suggesting?

Thanks
Jon
Old 07-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

02 lb7 runs at a minimum 4300 psi at idle. It's 23,000 at wot. I think 23,051 to be exact but I haven't data logged in a while. Bosch makes the injectors, a few companies reman them and places like engineered send nozzles to Jim at extrude hone for oversize. Stay away from GB reman injectors. I've had to do 3 sets over again.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Btw, it's 8 hours warranty, rushed and corners cut. To do it right, clean everything and reassemble carefully takes me almost 10 hours after doing about 30 sets.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
That was my concern also, talking with Engineered Diesel today, and he stated at

Thanks
Jon
Check out Lincoln Diesel Specialties for the price. $350 is about the norm they have them for $325. Make sure that they keep the boxes that they come in and ship the cores back in orginial boxes. I paid a total of $3500 for everything when I had mine done 2 years ago. The problem is the factory fuel filters are junk and let particles that are too big through whenever there is water in the fuel, which the fuel filter is supposed to filter also. Do yourself a favor and either get a lift pump installed with external filters, or for $100 bucks you can get a Nictane fuel filter adapter. It uses a CAT fuel filter that filters out finer microns, that is what I do now. As for fuel in your oil, what happened more than likely is that the injector(s) cracked and since they are under the valve cover, fuel was being dumped in the oil. This is common on the LB7 and there is not a fix for it. While they are in there, make sure they check the injector cups that the injectors sit in. Make sure they are good because later on down the road they can come loose and cause the cooling system to build pressure. Next is headgaskets. The LB7 was the first duramax and it took them a while to get it right. I have had all these problems within the last year, new injectors $3500, headgaskets, and injector cups $3500. I am hoping since I have fixed all this, that I can get at least another 150,000 out of this truck. There are plenty of common problems with these engines that they did not get right and there is nothing that you can do to prevent it. One preventable problem is pump rub, this is on your transfer case where a hole will form in the transfer case from the inside out because of a bad design. There is a pump rub kit out there that you can have installed that will fix the problem. Best thing you can do is put clean fuel in your truck and make sure to change your fuel filter every oil change or upgrade your fuel filter.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks
Jon
Roughly a set of Exergys are $2050, these come with a flow sheet proving that they are all within 3% of each other. As said a airdog lift pump/filter wouldnt be a bad idea to do at the same time, those are another few hundred dollars.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 34SUTPHEN
Buizilla,

Can you also get the F-250 injs. and how much for them. Do you know how many hrs. instalation.

Thnx
not to hijack but if you need F250 injectors, I can get you a set. Are you looking for aftermarket? What motor (7.3, 6.0, 6.4?)
Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lanceg
not to hijack but if you need F250 injectors, I can get you a set. Are you looking for aftermarket? What motor (7.3, 6.0, 6.4?)
03-10-2008, 10:52 AM #5
Registered
My Boats:
1991 Sutphen 34
Feedback Score
F-250 Injectors
Buizilla,

Can you also get the F-250 injs. and how much for them. Do you know how many hrs. instalation.

Thnx

over 3 yrs old post..i hope he got it fixed by now lol..
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BIGSLOW
Check out Lincoln Diesel Specialties for the price. $350 is about the norm they have them for $325. Make sure that they keep the boxes that they come in and ship the cores back in orginial boxes. I paid a total of $3500 for everything when I had mine done 2 years ago. The problem is the factory fuel filters are junk and let particles that are too big through whenever there is water in the fuel, which the fuel filter is supposed to filter also. Do yourself a favor and either get a lift pump installed with external filters, or for $100 bucks you can get a Nictane fuel filter adapter. It uses a CAT fuel filter that filters out finer microns, that is what I do now. As for fuel in your oil, what happened more than likely is that the injector(s) cracked and since they are under the valve cover, fuel was being dumped in the oil. This is common on the LB7 and there is not a fix for it. While they are in there, make sure they check the injector cups that the injectors sit in. Make sure they are good because later on down the road they can come loose and cause the cooling system to build pressure. Next is headgaskets. The LB7 was the first duramax and it took them a while to get it right. I have had all these problems within the last year, new injectors $3500, headgaskets, and injector cups $3500. I am hoping since I have fixed all this, that I can get at least another 150,000 out of this truck. There are plenty of common problems with these engines that they did not get right and there is nothing that you can do to prevent it. One preventable problem is pump rub, this is on your transfer case where a hole will form in the transfer case from the inside out because of a bad design. There is a pump rub kit out there that you can have installed that will fix the problem. Best thing you can do is put clean fuel in your truck and make sure to change your fuel filter every oil change or upgrade your fuel filter.

Thanks allot for the very nice info!

Jon
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MINK
Roughly a set of Exergys are $2050, these come with a flow sheet proving that they are all within 3% of each other. As said a airdog lift pump/filter wouldnt be a bad idea to do at the same time, those are another few hundred dollars.

If I step up to Exergy's it's also a HP injector.
More fuel, more smoke.

Do I really need that for a stock application?

Thanks
Jon
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Registered

If I step up to Exergy's it's also a HP injector.
More fuel, more smoke.

Do I really need that for a stock application?

Thanks
Jon
I would recommend the stock size Exergys which is what I quoted you. I agree on not wanting smoke, my personal truck (6.4 Ford) has a custom "race" tune in it that has the fuel pulled down lown and comes in progrssively like it should - runs high 12s in the 1/4mile and never puts soot on my bleech white boat, what more do I need?