Notices

Trucker Strike tonight !!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger 1
You have my support. The Duramax will remain parked for the duration of the strike.

Ditto
Old 04-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've heard on the news there is no shortage, just a lack of increase in refinement.

Also heard that the refineries are old and oil companies are crying about improvement costs. I guess a couple of billion dollars in profit per quarter is not enough!!! Gotta keep those investors happy....good old American capitalism!

I say strike!!! Sometimes we have to make sacrifices in order to make progress!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

I remember when UPS went on strike! I owned my own rig then and was just waiting for UPS to tell all the strikers to take a hike! I wouldda been like stink on sh*t gettin to that line to apply for onna dem creamy UPS jobs! I certainly think you guys got very lucky.

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
correct, while at UPS and we were on strike, it was about a contract, unfortunately this is only a solidarity protest and will most likely have some blow hard in Washington try to pipe up and win some support for himself...As someone said in an earlier post, they should look into the futures traders.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

NJ truckers are gonna slow down the turnpike @ 12. Can't wait to see this.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

I personally think some of the other governments that don't like the USA have finally got a grip on the balls of the USA. Many people believe WW3 will be a fincial war. Look at all the crap that's happening. Look how much of the US is owned by foriegners. Look whose holding the majority of the US debt. Etc,Etc.

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
From what I've heard on the news there is no shortage, just a lack of increase in refinement.

Also heard that the refineries are old and oil companies are crying about improvement costs. I guess a couple of billion dollars in profit per quarter is not enough!!! Gotta keep those investors happy....good old American capitalism!

I say strike!!! Sometimes we have to make sacrifices in order to make progress!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by pachanga
I remember when UPS went on strike! I owned my own rig then and was just waiting for UPS to tell all the strikers to take a hike! I wouldda been like stink on sh*t gettin to that line to apply for onna dem creamy UPS jobs! I certainly think you guys got very lucky.
Well, as a shop steward for 4 years I'll let you think that. UPS hides behind a huge brown curtain of public perception. Generally the drivers are good family people, but the drivers of the past are leaving in droves as the company continues to get so big it runs itself. I will assure you though, nothing at UPS was "creamy". We were far from lucky, the marriage between UPS and the teamsters is one that feeds on itself, kind of a self fullfilling prohecy.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You have a point there- many states are pilfering from infrastructure just to prop their house of cards up. Ohio is basically a shell. Business is leaving at a steady stream and new companies aren't looking here. Our state government keeps looking for ways to nickle and dime us to death with fees for everything. Not only is the state doing this, so are the cities. On top of that, they're looking to cash out of the revenue-deriving pieces of the infrastructure. The want to sell toll roads, water/sewer, etc. They claim they want to reinvest in the state- you know they'll piss it away keeping themselves in office and the average guy will pay the freight in the form of increased costs for services.
Selling the toll road...already happened here! Plus, Chicago is THE most taxed city in the country. But hey...somebody has to pay for all of the Cook County Board President's families' jobs!

Agree 100% on the lack of refining capacity being the major problem...that's why we see prices at the pump spike if there's a refinery fire somewhere. Dems won't allow construction of any new ones...nobody wants one in their backyard.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bojoe2
.... im leaving my 350 diesel home how about you i havent driven it in 2 months
Our F-350 has been parked for two weeks. Only use it for yard work and towing the boat now.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hunster
NJ truckers are gonna slow down the turnpike @ 12. Can't wait to see this.
That'll help.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned

I just looked at both CNN and Fox News and only CNN ran a small article about it. I would think it would create a bigger news item

Quick Reply: Trucker Strike tonight !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.