Notices

Harley Road King Classic?

Old 05-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're all nice rides. I have to agree with Chart only with much older bikes. I had a '88 Heritage I bought new. Beautiful bike, until a trip from STL to Waco. I traded that on a '91 Ultra, which I traded in on a 2000 Screamin' Eagle. In between I owned a '96 Road King for about 9 months while the Ultra grew a sidecar.

The Heritage was by far the most classic looking and imho the best looking. It just didn't have the highway legsI was looking for. It was also my first bike with a windshield and (gasp) floorboards!

The Ultra was the ride that set the bar for the rest.

The Road King never did fit. I waited over 2 years on a list to get it, rode it almost 15k miles in 9 months, spent thousands on seats and handlebars, and it never felt as right as the ultra.

And finally to the Road Glide. Aftrer 8 years, I'm almost used to the orange tail. It's a great ride, has all the bells and whistles I can use and is comfort for the long or short haul.

The above with a Buell and a couple of Aprilia's,a Duc,a KTM, an ATK and a pair or three Huskys thrown in for the wilder ride create several miles and several more broken bones and messed up knees worth of cheap fun.

Bottom line, pick the bike that pulls the hardest at your heart. Because two of the most cosmetically challenged bikes above are the two that I have the most vivid memories of.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Road King Classic?-img2652.jpg   Harley Road King Classic?-dscn1949.jpg   Harley Road King Classic?-dscn1962.jpg  

Last edited by Screamineagle; 05-16-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Registered

i like the roadglide also... it has been my favorite for a while... kinda been looking to get one of those bought one of these days
Don
Old 05-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Registered

I was never able to get used to the fixed fairing at low speeds on the roadglide, and the FLHT looks were always more traditional than the Roadglide, which was a reinvented FLT(Tourglide) from the early 80's that never went over real well and then Harley dropped it for a few years.