Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
thinking about a new car what do ya think >

thinking about a new car what do ya think

Notices

thinking about a new car what do ya think

Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
I see in your sig line it says Florida, if I lived there I would drive a Vette all year round. Dont mess around with Mustangs, they are nowhere close to the car a Vette is and they arent that much less expensive. If I was you I would get into a 2 year old Z06 which you could probably find for right around 50-55k.

Forget BMW's and Porsche's....those are girl cars If you buy one make sure you get the body coloured purse option.....you will need it!

Vettes are easliy serviced and the motors are generally bulletproof if you do proper servicing and take care of it. If you are into offshore boats regular service on a Vette will be a cinch compared to the **** you are used to.

If you want to buy something cool and cheap and save for the next boat buy a used 2003-2004 Vette Z06 and just have fun with it. You wont lose too much on it and it is a kickass vehicle and looks great/sounds great. They are suprisingly livable too even as a daily driver.

Good luck.
Wow a Vette in FL is really original. "They are me too cars as in you got one, me too!" They are a good deal but you need an Italian corn on your neck, some folding fake Ferrari sunglasses and some Jordache jeans to complete the package. They are called the blue collar Ferrari in South FL.

I have looked at several but have never been able to pull the trigger on one. The quality is much improved but I don't want to buy the image that goes with one.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
...and some Jordache jeans to complete the package. They are called the blue collar Ferrari in South FL.

Like IROC Z's on Long Island?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Like IROC Z's on Long Island?
I- talian
R- etard or Reject
O- ut
C- ruising

I did like the bright blue ones with the 5.7 motor and the t-tops.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

I took the ML500 when the wife wanted a (cough chrysler coough )JEEP comander. Man the 500 has lots of power and gets 15mpg with me DRIVING it. Can only imagin what the 55 will do!
The duramax has turned into a full time tow veh.
Quinlan
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Good friend had a 911 and then got the 55 AMG. He said the 911 was a like a go cart. He loves the AMG. Try a used 6 series BMW or the A8 Audi, but if you want a true muscle car the Viper is the only way to go.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm not exactly impartial but you really should check out a year old CTS-V. It gives you the stealth approach(sort of) bUt lots of hp. They're very affordable, fast, look good, and from what we've seen very reliable. There's a new version V coming for 09. Faster, much nicer to drive, not as low key.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wnt fast,I just bought a left over 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. 0-60 in 4.7 stock,AWD. It seats 5 ( a little tight) has all the bells and whistles.Is .5 sec faster than a Porsche Cayanne twin turbo at half the price. Wife just had a baby so I chose this to replace her 2 door Honda Accord.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

ya there are alot of corvettes in Florida .you guys here the joke about the guy retired to fl bought a new vett convert and was driving up 95 going 120 he looked down and saw he was going 120 and said to himself wounder what this thing will do so he floors it and just then he looks in the mirror and a fl highway patrol car is on him with the lights on so he pulls over the cop walks up and says look i have 20 minutes left on my shift if can give me a good reason why you were going 120 i will let ya go the old guy thinks a minute and says last year my old lady left me for a fl state trooper and i thought you were bringing her back. cop says have a good day and keep down
Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Wow a Vette in FL is really original. "They are me too cars as in you got one, me too!" They are a good deal but you need an Italian corn on your neck, some folding fake Ferrari sunglasses and some Jordache jeans to complete the package. They are called the blue collar Ferrari in South FL.

I have looked at several but have never been able to pull the trigger on one. The quality is much improved but I don't want to buy the image that goes with one.
Wow!!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Registered

Kinda like the S500 Coupe in europe, the only ones having them is the gypsies hence the low price on the best car ever.... Also the M3 in europe is only owned by imigrants from Africa / middle east and is driving the price down... Also the E series MB is a taxi for europeans - if you moved to europe would you buy a Caprice Classic or a Crown Victoria?

My point is - get an SL...

Quick Reply: thinking about a new car what do ya think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.