Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Sold F250 diesel-looking at mid-size SUV, titan, tundra to tow with >

Sold F250 diesel-looking at mid-size SUV, titan, tundra to tow with

Notices

Sold F250 diesel-looking at mid-size SUV, titan, tundra to tow with

Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are giving new Titans away right now!! I'll get you friend sand family discount on top of huge rebates.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerritm
Chris, you're an angry dude.
Nah- happiest guy in the world.

But I do know who the bad guys are. And I don't buy things from them.

Go to Japan and read their official, government-sponsored version of the war and then compare it to the rest of the world's. Try to find reference to the atrocities against American prisoners and occupied countries like China and Korea and many more. They don't exist- they re-wrote all that history.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careful. Our history in warfare is far from spotless. In fact, some of the worst war atrocities are ours, including dropping two atomic bombs on 500,000 civilians with children suffering high dose radiation sickness. Have you ever seen it? It is more horrible than any conventional torture. I understand all the Truman arguments for net saving of lives by expediting the Japanese surrender, but there are no good guys in war.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:03 PM

We killed way more with the conventional bombing of Tokyo. And don't forget, the Japanese were the one's responsible for moving their war materiel production into residential neighborhoods and the homes of civilians.

The Japanese publicly stated and physically showed that we would have to kill every citizen before they'd give up. We did them a favor with a ting demonstration of our new-found ability to do just that.

And yes, not only have I seen it, I've been on-board of both the Enola Gay and Bockscar and have met several of the personnel involved, including the late Col. Tibbets.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
A Navy guy guy shopping Jap pickups. When they send you to Hawaii, stop by the Arizona memorial.
We need more people like you.

Who cares where the're built where does the money go?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Go to Japan and read their official, government-sponsored version of the war and then compare it to the rest of the world's. Try to find reference to the atrocities against American prisoners and occupied countries like China and Korea and many more. They don't exist- they re-wrote all that history.
But its ok for us to commit wholesale slaughter of the American Indians or Filipinos and not tell the truth of it in our schools.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Indy
But its ok for us to commit wholesale slaughter of the American Indians or Filipinos and not tell the truth of it in our schools.
Absolutely not. And I was taught all about the slaughter of the indians (with some bias obviously) in high school American history. But we don't have governmental intervention dictating an official and false story- the Japanese do.

Beyond all of that, I don't really care anymore what people drive- folks will make up their own minds for their own reasons. It's a personal choice for me and my friends who own Japanese cars all know what I think about them. But we're talking about a sailor here- and that's an entirely different thing... or it should be. Lets put it this way- it used to be. That's why I suggested he go visit the memorial- and think a little more deeply about what his actions represent.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

So is this a good hijack or a bad one? Zimm's headed to Hawaii for 3 years (rough life eh? ) to serve our country. He needs a vehicle to drive. B!tch about the world's attrociities in the Bilge.

Well if Zimm is still checking in, just about anything will pull a 500lb trailer. The only concern would be whether you need 4wd or not. For the CR-V and RAV4 you'd have to make sure they were the 4wd versions if that's what you need. I wonder if there's a Suburu worth considering? If you don't need 4wd, you could get away with any old stationwagon/hatchback deal, depending whether the dog can jump in the back or not.

I don't know what the transport allowances are, but maybe pick up a beater here to take with you, then leave it there for the next guy? I just hate to see people wasting money if they're open to alternatives.

Originally Posted by zimm17
Micheal,

Thanks for the advice. I'm king of throwing away money changing vehicles and toys all the time.

So to change my tune- what "beater" SUV could handle a 500 pound trailer?

There're lots of old Cherokee's out in hawaii, but I'm worried about them falling apart. Maybe a first gen ('97) honda CR-V or Toyota RAV-4, they run forever and are ugly enough, they shouldn't get broken into parked at the beach.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ford escape should fit the bill nicely, part time 4wd is also available as are hybrid versions
Old 07-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Registered

Absolutely not. And I was taught all about the slaughter of the indians (with some bias obviously) in high school American history. But we don't have governmental intervention dictating an official and false story- the Japanese do.

Beyond all of that, I don't really care anymore what people drive- folks will make up their own minds for their own reasons. It's a personal choice for me and my friends who own Japanese cars all know what I think about them. But we're talking about a sailor here- and that's an entirely different thing... or it should be. Lets put it this way- it used to be. That's why I suggested he go visit the memorial- and think a little more deeply about what his actions represent.

It's funny, he's probably holding a grudge against GM for a Chevy that was ****ty 15 years ago. But, when it comes to forgiving the Japs for war atrocities, no big deal.

Unbelievable the mindset of this country. Nowhere else in the world will people go out of their way to rationalize how a FOREIGN COMPANY is "equally domestic" like clowns here do with Toyota and Honda. I know first hand the impact this has on the US (I work for Ford, for now).

I promise you Germans aren't claiming Ford is just as "German" as a BMW because we build it there, and we build a lot there. They aren't so gullible/stupid.

Quick Reply: Sold F250 diesel-looking at mid-size SUV, titan, tundra to tow with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.