Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Powerslot Cryo's/Hawk SUV's or EBC? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/191523-powerslot-cryos-hawk-suvs-ebc.html)

Knot 4 Me 07-21-2008 09:40 AM

Powerslot Cryo's/Hawk SUV's or EBC?

Burned down the front brakes on my truck after losing my trailer brakes (bad lockout solenoid). After repairing the trailer brakes, it is now time to repair the truck brakes. '06 Yukon Denali XL with factory 20's. Stock brakes have always sucked so looking to upgrade. Opinons one way or the other on going with Powerslot Cryo rotors/Hawk SUV pads vs. EBC rotors and yellow pads? Other options? Thanks!

Chris Sunkin 07-21-2008 10:20 AM

I ate up poweslots on my Excursion in 35000 miles. Switched to cheapo Autozone chinese rotors and EBC green pads. No pulsation and the pads are at 50% at 45K/mi.

kenvik01 07-21-2008 06:16 PM

I put SBC brakes and slotted rotors all around on my Silverado. Work great and I feel more at ease with better brakes. These have 3 pistons/wheel compared to the one (?) on stock truck. Ken

pullmytrigger 07-22-2008 08:17 AM

I have the hawk ceramics on stock rotors........no fade......Im happy with them

Knot 4 Me 07-22-2008 09:31 AM

So, don't waste my money on aftermarket rotors and just go with an upgraded pad from Hawk or EBC? I can get stock Raybestos rotors at the local Farm and Fleet for about $50 a rotor. My current rotors are warped and glazed from all the heat generated from stoping 8,500lbs. of boat/trailer by themselves.

handfulz28 07-22-2008 11:23 AM

Ever had the brake fluid flushed? Make sure that gets done also. And make sure the whole system is flushed, not just bled at the calipers.
I'm actually pretty impressed with stock parts on these trucks since the new body style. Stock rotors with an aftermarket pad might work for you.

Knot 4 Me 07-22-2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 2631192)
Ever had the brake fluid flushed? Make sure that gets done also. And make sure the whole system is flushed, not just bled at the calipers.
I'm actually pretty impressed with stock parts on these trucks since the new body style. Stock rotors with an aftermarket pad might work for you.

Mine is an '06...old body style.

handfulz28 07-22-2008 02:22 PM

I mean since '99-00. Should've said since new "platform" change. Lots of stuff changed, including a huge improvement in brakes.

pullmytrigger 07-22-2008 11:04 PM

I always get the stock replacement genuine Raybestos rotors......good quality, great resistance to warpage and not that much more than the cheapo chineze stuff......my mechanic turned me on to them.

pullmytrigger 07-22-2008 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 2631053)
So, don't waste my money on aftermarket rotors and just go with an upgraded pad from Hawk or EBC? I can get stock Raybestos rotors at the local Farm and Fleet for about $50 a rotor. My current rotors are warped and glazed from all the heat generated from stoping 8,500lbs. of boat/trailer by themselves.

its ALL about the pads.....!!!!