Notices

Good Deal on 07 NBS Duramax?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CheckedOut
Not for everything. They waranteed my injectors under warantee and all other problems and rightly so. Any front end parts though and you are on your own on a lifted truck. It can be a crap shoot though and if you loose the whole engine you will likely be out the cash on that.

Are you looking at the 8.1? I though they stopped making the trucks with the 8.1? I can almost guarantee that with a stock duramax you will get close to 5 mpg better mileage than that truck. Make sure to check into the mileage before you buy especially with a big block gasser....I would look even on the 6 liter. Our H2 gets 2-3Mpg worse than my lifted duramax with 37s!! Crazy how much more fuel gassers burn....
The gassers will get 12 pretty much all the time, as I have an 05 and it does. The 6 speed on the NBS will only help.

You're lucky if the dealer warranties anything if you've modded. They are being told VERY loudly to check for mods, and deny if they're there.

There's no 496 available unfortunately, so 6.0 only.

With diesel milage, everything I've read is its all over the board. Without modding you could be getting 13 diesel up to 17, so you could get 5 better. But with it being 4.29 compared to 3.39 gas, well you'll never make up for it. I'd like the torque, but just can't pony up for it at this point.

I actually just pulled the trigger on a CCSB Black LT1 4x4 gasser with all the options I wanted, and am having leather added and a RCD 6 in with bilsteins.

It was a few grand less out the door than the one linked here (before shipping costs from VA to Detroit), and it's new. Being a GM employee I'd rather "pad our pockets" than this guys.