Notices

Good Deal on 07 NBS Duramax?

Old 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deal on 07 NBS Duramax?

So I think I'm buying this truck, (just need to figure shipping out, and if anyone has any info on Va to Detroit shipping estimates please feel free to throw it out).

It is more than I was looking for, but seems like a pretty good deal to me. Keep in mind I work at GM and will be able to get employee pricing next month, and I assume incentives will increase as the employee pricing for all goes away.

I don't really want to go over 35 period, so if I go new I'd be giving up the d-max and nicer interior (I'd assumed this is an LTZ because of the center console and leather, but now I think it's an LT2?) to be able to get the lift. This one has a 6in Fabtech (I think) which wouldn't be my first choice though.

So what is the opinion of all the D-Max experts if I can get this for 35 without the wheels?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=392
Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

What does NBS Duramax mean?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Skip it buy a Dodge - life time powertrain warranty. well maybe not for the Diesel. Sorry I've worked for Chrysler for about 10 years off and on, actually converted the wife from a life time of family GM's to a Dodge 2500 cummins turbo diesel
Old 09-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What does NBS Duramax mean?
New Body Style.

07's have a classic (old body) or NBS.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper
Skip it buy a Dodge - life time powertrain warranty. well maybe not for the Diesel. Sorry I've worked for Chrysler for about 10 years off and on, actually converted the wife from a life time of family GM's to a Dodge 2500 cummins turbo diesel
You clearly missed where I said I WORK AT GM.

Not to mention the Duramax is a better truck by all accounts I've seen. I would like some of those Dodge incentives though.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
New Body Style.

07's have a classic (old body) or NBS.
Ok, makes sense. I forgot they ran both styles in 07......
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

I have an 08 LMM and love it.

Sam
Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
I have an 08 LMM and love it.

Sam
Now that is a beautiful truck. Wanna sell IT for 35, haha.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
You clearly missed where I said I WORK AT GM.

Not to mention the Duramax is a better truck by all accounts I've seen. I would like some of those Dodge incentives though.

I didn't miss the fact that you work for GM, thats why I posted in your thread Like I said the wifes family all work for generous motors (which I'm sure you know what that means)and it took me about a year or 2, but I finally converted her.

As for the better truck let me know when your ready and we'll hook them up bumper to bumper and I'll video tap it as she drags your GM all over the park lot/field/front yard your choice

the pics do look sharp though.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper
I didn't miss the fact that you work for GM, thats why I posted in your thread Like I said the wifes family all work for generous motors (which I'm sure you know what that means)and it took me about a year or 2, but I finally converted her.

As for the better truck let me know when your ready and we'll hook them up bumper to bumper and I'll video tap it as she drags your GM all over the park lot/field/front yard your choice

the pics do look sharp though.

Her family should disown her.

I don't know about dragging anyone around, unless she's not stock, like some of those Cummins running 10's.

Actually, pickuptruck.com has a good write up comparing all three diesels, and the D-max was tops, and the Cummins was last by most all measures. But, I know that there's a bunch of bad Dodges out there with some tunes, etc.

Quick Reply: Good Deal on 07 NBS Duramax?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.