Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Can't believe BMW could be so tacky >

Can't believe BMW could be so tacky

Notices

Can't believe BMW could be so tacky

Old 10-29-2008, 11:07 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it requires them to plug in their comupter to the car it will cost $$$. I do like all those features on my 06 silverado that I can customize myself.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Auto Sales & Leasing
Platinum Member

Should have negotiated the price of the car and then told the salesperson that you wanted this done before you took delivery of the car. It should have been a gimme at the point of sale.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered

Just take it back to the dealer she purchased it from and have the sales person take care of it....we do more for our customers after the sale just to keep them coming back....especally if you tell them you will take the car to another BMW service dept for even warrenty work....thats a lot of money out of there pocket....for a $50 fix....my sales people have connections with all of our techs and service writers....anytime they need a hook up the techs take care of them....but they will always take a shoot at you...
Old 11-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Registered

stamp a BMW badge to any ****ty car and people will still buy it and BMW will make profit.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I was told that a BMW is a service nightmare when it gets older ,,, only lease one and dump it when its over.

2006 745's are pretty resonable,,,,, but that comment has me holding off,,,, I dont want a money pit.

Ill be checking out that Metal posted to see what REAL owners are dealing with,,, Thanks !!!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Robt, that is the standard 1/2 hour charge for software changes, it requires a laptop plug in to accomplish, the tech's are paid based on their time, not uncommon procedure. We've had several Beemer's, have 2 now actually, and we swear by them. Our local dealer sells about 300-330 units monthly, so that is decent inventory flip these days... their service has been great by us.. I haven't had one complaint with them in the last 4 Beemer's we've had... we bark, they JUMP
Same here, I just picked up a second BMW Salesman could have got it done for free, not the service writer.