Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anybody own or driven new 09' Audi A4 Avant? >

Anybody own or driven new 09' Audi A4 Avant?

Notices

Anybody own or driven new 09' Audi A4 Avant?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:33 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody own or driven new 09' Audi A4 Avant?

Looking to get the wife one. I love the Audi Avants, but they arent going to import any new S4/S6 Avants.....so I would be limited to a new S-Line A4 Avant....as close as they will get to a real "S." Anybody own one or driven one? Thoughts or opinions?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:38 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Nobodies been in a new A4?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Are they on the road yet? I have read about them in magazines but don't think I have even seen the 09 on the street and I live in an area loaded with Audis.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:16 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

They are on the road.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No but tonight I saw a killer car on the road and could barely make out the audi badge. I just looked it up and it was a R8. At first I thought it was a lambo.. The thing is awsome looking even the little I could see it at night.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Well....ended up with a new 08' Trailblazer SS awd. Have been looking at them for a yr and just couldnt pull the trigger over a new audi avant.......but the incentives and price just couldnt be matched. I know its not a german car(ive had a couple) but its very fun, very fast for an SUV, and I love the looks. Handy for chores too. Wifes vehicle.....I still have my silverado for yankin the boat and work.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Well....ended up with a new 08' Trailblazer SS awd. Have been looking at them for a yr and just couldnt pull the trigger over a new audi avant.......but the incentives and price just couldnt be matched. I know its not a german car(ive had a couple) but its very fun, very fast for an SUV, and I love the looks. Handy for chores too. Wifes vehicle.....I still have my silverado for yankin the boat and work.

Shouldn't be a problem for your wife, but keep an eye on the tranny. My buddy has an 07 RWD one that keeps having tranny issues, but he drives it really hard.

I like Audi's (2 A6's, 1 A8L) but thanks for supporting America with your Chevy purchase!
Old 11-09-2008, 02:01 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Shouldn't be a problem for your wife, but keep an eye on the tranny. My buddy has an 07 RWD one that keeps having tranny issues, but he drives it really hard.

I like Audi's (2 A6's, 1 A8L) but thanks for supporting America with your Chevy purchase!
Ive got the same tranny, 4L70E, in my silverado vortec max. 47k miles, towing the fountain a couple times a yr and a baja every weekend for a summer. I have about 20k miles with a shift kit in it, and about 30k miles with a reprogrammed PCM with dialed down torque management.......I would say your buddy is quite hard on his.