Notices

Polishing an aluminum trailer

Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zmain
That is very generous offer to consult with us on the phone. I will probably be calling you soon.

Thanks

No problem, that's what it's all about...My partner Donnie, has tweaked these Leverage formula's over the last year. What we have achieved is to make all of our Leverage products ECO FRIENDLY, as well as be the finest product to put on you're fiberglass, metal, glass, chrome, and aluminum, all at less of a price than our compeditor's. If you end up going to the Miami show, touch the boats with our product on them. You will feel exactly what I'm talking about. Leverage will be on over 19 go-fast manufacture's...Thank You Jeff Jassby
Old 01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
No problem, that's what it's all about...My partner Donnie, has tweaked these Leverage formula's over the last year. What we have achieved is to make all of our Leverage products ECO FRIENDLY, as well as be the finest product to put on you're fiberglass, metal, glass, chrome, and aluminum, all at less of a price than our compeditor's. If you end up going to the Miami show, touch the boats with our product on them. You will feel exactly what I'm talking about. Leverage will be on over 19 go-fast manufacture's...Thank You Jeff Jassby
Are you kidding me, I will definitely be at that show. Even though I can't stand driving in Miami, nothing will keep me away. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
The painted version is great..but the problem is if in salt water no matter how well you rinse it off over time the rust will start.
Painted aluminum will not rust. Myco, McClain, and Manning will sell you a finish painted aluminum trailer.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Painted aluminum will not rust. Myco, McClain, and Manning will sell you a finish painted aluminum trailer.
Thanks for clearing that up, I mis-understood..thinking of the painted steel trailer like on Radio Active.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by silverskater40
Jeff, when did you become a leverage dealer, thinking about jumping on as the LOTO dealer, have tried Donny's products, they work. Let me know how your doing with it, Jim

Donnie and I are partners...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered the serum and polish today.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Be carefull of the truck brighteners/cleaners, they have acid like hull cleaner, it will brighten the alum but will dull when put in the water,it also makes the alum etched/porous making it worse the keep bright,

The ibeam material seems to be a different grade of alum,easier easy to polish,My Myco I tried polishing it,it was to grainy/ruff it would take forever sanding and endless polishing,Also my tool boxes were mirror polished new, a few time in the rain water stained, I have polished it and put the metal protectant and it doen the same.

Latley Iv been taking a scoth brite pad top ,going with the grain,

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 45sonic
Just ordered the serum and polish today.
Thanks..Like Strip said..I used a scotch pad and the product for a quick detail on my trailer, hose off the black residue..there will be alot of it. Im going to do it again this week. Call me if you have any Q's..Thanks Jeff
Old 04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just so I understand it correctly, you use a Scotch pad (same one you would use in the kitchen)? do you just use it dry then apply the serum to the pad, then rub it in until it turns black, then hose off? I bought the serum that I plan on using on the trailer....I don't expect any miracles, but just want to make sure I am doing it correctly so that I am getting the most out of the time that I put in. Do you do the whole trailer then rinse (meaning you leave the black residiue on there for some time) or do you do a section at a time?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Big Time
Just so I understand it correctly, you use a Scotch pad (same one you would use in the kitchen)? do you just use it dry then apply the serum to the pad, then rub it in until it turns black, then hose off? I bought the serum that I plan on using on the trailer....I don't expect any miracles, but just want to make sure I am doing it correctly so that I am getting the most out of the time that I put in. Do you do the whole trailer then rinse (meaning you leave the black residiue on there for some time) or do you do a section at a time?

I do a section at a time..aluminum oxidation is extremely messy..The reason for doing it this way is so that you dont have to go through 30-50 towels, they gum up quickly. Heres how I did mine. grab a scotch pad, put some Leverage serum on there and rub away, use a little water to stretch product out as well as rinse the black oxidation off. You will have to do it a few times, then wipe with clean towels. Its quicker this way. If you want then follow directions on the bottle for the final results..if you have a buffer that helps as well..Good Luck..call me if you have any questions. Jeff

Quick Reply: Polishing an aluminum trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.