Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles >

A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles

Notices

A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles

Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

That is the orignal dual exhaust from 1979. Clamps and all. Keep in mind it was 1979. Only 1800 cars were made with the 400 engine, four speed and true dual exhaust. All the rest had 403's, automatic and a single muffler in the back with a dual outlet. The 400 TA was the fastest muscle car made in 1979, even quicker than the Vette.

Comparing a 1979 collector car to late model Mustang.....
Sorry you do not get it. You are comparing a piece of artwork to a poster. The poster may look very nice but the artwork has the collector value that goes up.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 927 Likes on 466 Posts

I was just curious...not knock the car at all...i actually love those models....my step son wants one in the worst way

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 76 TA. Loved that car and would love to have this one.
im sure it will bring a pretty penney. I would have a tough time just lookin at it in my garage.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered

black/black with no Eagle or mullet. The mullet came later.
Attached Thumbnails A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles-photo3.jpg   A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles-photo2.jpg   A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles-photo1.jpg  

Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Breaker 1, breaker 1. This is the Bandit, you out there Snowman?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Sweet car...very nice. The question; what does the new owner do........drive it on sunday and take it to shows or add it to your collection and permanently park it? If it were mine I really don't know if I could leave it parked, however it'd be cool as hell to wait another 20 years and see what it'd fetch with 12 miles on the clock.

Hope it goes to a good home.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So cool... I've always wanted one of the 6.6L T/A's. They still look good! Good luck with the sale...
Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Comparing a 1979 collector car to late model Mustang.....
Sorry you do not get it. You are comparing a piece of artwork to a poster. The poster may look very nice but the artwork has the collector value that goes up.
I agree.........Somewhat. Remember that car was new once also, and anyone could have bought it. I agree that for its time it was the Schitt, and would have loved to have had one, but I was 9 years old I was looking at a low mile original smokey and the bandit edition(one of my favorite movies to this day) a few weeks back at a show, and admiring the car, and its owners love for it, but at this point I find it pointless to spend that kind of $$ on a car that cant hang with todays rides. If it had something going for it like a 50's or 60's vette that can run a stright line nice, or if it could even handle a corner then maybe I could see it, but its a slug in the 1/4, and will send ya into the woods if you take a corner too fast. Even when I built my chevelle I built it with a 383 small block, TH400, and 12 bolt 4:10 Posi, and all Urethane suspension. It wasnt an SS or anything worth putting big $$ into making original, so I built it to hang on the street with todays cars. I am sorry if I am ragging the car, it is sweet for a collector, and even for someone with too much $$$ that wants a nice saturday night cruising ride, but to me I just cant see it. By the way, my mustang is not a poster or whatever ya wanna call it, Yes it is MOSTLY just a stock GT, but it is a one off Dealer converted Boss 302 with the paperwork to back it up. Yes mostly just decals and such(heck its even an auto), Just a 300 horse 4.6 and it is the wifes daily driver, but I will be bringing it back to the dealer and having more(documented) mods done soon, and even in stock form I will put it up against a stock 1979 Pontiac any day.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Awww man the Eagle was the best part on those!! It totally finished off the whole "American Pride" look, especially if you had a modded out van to match it!

I didn't have the van ... or a mullet .... but I did have the jacked up truck to match my '79 with the 403

Hey Brad ... mine didnt have the single muffler with the split to twins. It had dual exhaust. You sure single was normal? I dont remember mine being unique.
Attached Thumbnails A 1979 Trans Am with only 12 miles-cars.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Registered

Mine was also a 79, Black/Sliver Bird with Black Velour, 403olds, T-tops, silver snowflake dished wheels.
Man, did that car get p u s s y! not to mention had long legs on the highway.
If that T/A is still sitting at Volo, I'm going to stop in and see it.

Last edited by Back4More; 06-05-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.